What do you think of Tarantino?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Tarantino?

• Genius!
    • Was great, but lost it.
    • Ok but way over-rated
    • Rubbish!
    • Never seen any of his films

Death Proof - Not great, granted it was a bit of a novelty and probably should be taken as such.

Kill Bill: Vol. 2 - It would have been impossible to top the first but I think it complimented it well and if you take both parts together as one Epic it's a masterpiece.

Kill Bill: Vol. 1 - Brilliant in every way.

Jackie Brown - Really dissapointing, worst thing he has ever done but still very watchable which says a lot.

Pulp Fiction - One of the greatest films of our generation.

Reservoir Dogs - As low budget directorial debuts go, has there ever been a better one? it single handedly ushered in the age of the independent film?

(Citizen Kane obviously aside)

But that's it 3 great films (taking KB as 1) and 2 dissapointments, really in the 17 years since Resevoir Dogs we would have expected Tarantino to have made a lot more films.

I think he's awesome.

However, i would not be surprised in the least if at some point he was outed as a real sicko. He seems to have a very odd liking for women and violence that comes very close to crossing the boundaries. If it's an insight into a part of him then its very worrying!

Didn't really like Pulp Fiction, don't get why it's a classic at all, never gets going for me. Really weird as it is such a legendery film, cannot tell at all why it connected with so many people. The Wolf is cool though.

Loved dogs, kill bills, not seen deathproof, looking forward to inglorius basterds.

In my personal order:

1) Pulp Fiction

2) True Romance

3) Reservoir Dogs

4) From Dusk Till Dawn

5) Kill Bill vol1

6) ER episode

7) Natural Born Killers (only the script, hated what Oliver Stone did with the directing)

8 ) Kill Bill vol2

9) Grindhouse/Death Proof

10) Jackie Brown

11) Hostel

liked 1-7, didn't like so much 8-11.

I think its unfair to credit him with Hostel as he only put his name on it really. Not sure he had muhch to do with it at all. I hope not anyway as it's garbage.

Pulp Fiction = one of the best films ever.

Still love his films, and his taste in movies and music is fantastic. His acting part in From Dusk... made great viewing, even though he's a terrible actor.

Also, the car chase at the end of Death Proof is arguably one of the greatest I've ever seen.

I've only seen "Reservoir Dogs" and "Pulp Fiction", nothing later (unless you count the segment of "Sin City").

But purely on the basis of those, I've voted "genius".

Â