What do you think of Dr Pepper  

166 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Dr Pepper

• Love it / like it
    • Hate it / don't like it
    • Indifferent
    • Never tasted it

It's my favourite. Liquified marzipan. Yum
I don't get this. I LOVE marzipan, but I hate Dr Pepper - and I don't think it tastes anything like marzipan. In fact I was surprised to see somebody hated it but loved cherry Coke; they seem very similar to me - that artificial chemical cherry taste (which is nothing like real cherries). Red Bull is in the same nasty ballpark. I'm sure when I was a kid I was given medicine that tasted exactly like it. Horrible.

There's definitely an almond taste to it, hence why 'Dr Pepper' style cocktails always use Amaretto as a base.

I quite like Dr Pepper but it's got a weird after taste. I seriously love Cherry Coke, maybe it's a reminder of when I was young, but I can't get enough of the stuff, even if deep down I know it's sugary crap.

Why call it Doctor pepper?

It's not called Doctor Pepper though. It's just Dr Pepper. If it was Doctor it would need a full stop after the Dr to indicate it is an abbreviation of doctor.

**** corporations, syntactically spasticated alphabetical fuckpigs.

I'm not normally that keen on sweary postings, but this one is an exception. Most excellent.

As for the fizzy drink - no. Gahhh

It's not called Doctor Pepper though. It's just Dr Pepper. If it was Doctor it would need a full stop after the Dr to indicate it is an abbreviation of doctor.

Maybe it refers to the Dominican Republic of Pepper?

:lol:

Why does Dr. Pepper come in a bottle? Because it's more fun than using a tissue.

I say old bean, I think we've seen this somewhere before! ?

I don't get this. I LOVE marzipan, but I hate Dr Pepper - and I don't think it tastes anything like marzipan. In fact I was surprised to see somebody hated it but loved cherry Coke; they seem very similar to me - that artificial chemical cherry taste (which is nothing like real cherries). Red Bull is in the same nasty ballpark. I'm sure when I was a kid I was given medicine that tasted exactly like it. Horrible.

Oh OK. When I tried it the first thing I thought was 'this tastes like marzipan' and that has always remained. In fact when people question the taste I say it tastes like marizpan and they say 'you're right! it surely does'

You must be drinking it wrong. Sorry man.

I bought a bottle of this today simply because this thread had put the idea into my subconscious mind I guess. Anyway, I like the taste but I've noticed that the more I drink it the thirstier it makes me. It has a real dry aftertaste .

Doesn't come close to Mountain Dew though which is back in the shops again.

Oh OK. When I tried it the first thing I thought was 'this tastes like marzipan' and that has always remained. In fact when people question the taste I say it tastes like marizpan and they say 'you're right! it surely does'

You must be drinking it wrong. Sorry man.

You could be right. Maybe I'll give it another try. If I don't come back, remember: Long May You Run by the Stills/Young Band at my funeral.

It does taste slightly like cough medicine. When I was a kid I swear it didn't. But as I have gotten older it seems to. I will still drink it if it's my only option.....or a choice between it, Pepsi, or Mountain Dew. I hate both of those. I looooooove Root Beer, *not Ginger Beer btw* and Sunkist.

It was Dr. Pepper and then they decided that Dr Pepper looked nicer.

Â