ender4

What do you think of Dr Pepper  

166 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Dr Pepper

• Love it / like it
    • Hate it / don't like it
    • Indifferent
    • Never tasted it

Never actually tried it, never wanted to try it.

It's on a loser from a marketing perspective straight away, the actual name Dr Pepper conjures up the thought of medicine but not just medicine but the kind of snake oil medicine you always see being sold by traveling salesmen in cowboy movies. So there you go, that's why I've never tried it

Like root beer (which seems to have faded in the UK) so Dr Pepper is the nearest alternative.

Did get me a fix of some good ole root beer in Vegas the other week, which tasted twice as good.

Like root beer (which seems to have faded in the UK) so Dr Pepper is the nearest alternative.

Did get me a fix of some good ole root beer in Vegas the other week, which tasted twice as good.

When I was a kid, reading American comics, I always wanted to try root beer, which you couldn't get here. I thought it would be like Dandelion and Burdock (which I love).

When I finally got to the U.S. I tried it, and hated it.

It's on a loser from a marketing perspective straight away, the actual name Dr Pepper conjures up the thought of medicine but not just medicine but the kind of snake oil medicine you always see being sold by traveling salesmen in cowboy movies. So there you go, that's why I've never tried it

To be honest, most of the tonic/soda/pop that originated before roughly 1930 in the USA is that snake oil:

Coca-Cola: invented by a pharmacist (as a stimulant and cure for morphine addiction, dyspepsia, neurasthenia, headache, and impotence)

Pepsi: invented by a pharmacist (as a stimulant and digestive aid)

Dr Pepper: invented by a pharmacist (possibly as a digestive aid, though the company denies this)

7 Up: patent medicine for hangovers (containing lithium...)

Hires Root Beer: invented by a pharmacist (various health claims made throughout its early days)

Dandelion and Burdock

FTW :D

This ;-)

Any of you septics like Grape Soda?

I tried it - almost threw up instantly. The most vile tasting soft drink in the world bar none

Any of you septics like Grape Soda?

I tried it - almost threw up instantly. The most vile tasting soft drink in the world bar none

Grape soda is OK... strawberry soda is better, though.

Orange soda is not worth drinking (except for Orange Dry)

I like the taste but far far too sweet. I see a pic of a diet cherry vanilla version a few pages back, would love to try that but never even seen a regular diet Dr Pepper.

Mountain Dew was lovely, most people liked it so no idea why it was discontinued here.

I also remember Tab Clear which was ace. Use to pop down to Viccy Wines as a kid and grab a bar of galaxy and a Tab Clear or mountain dew.

tabclear.jpg

• 1 year later...

Quit drinking carbonated and HFCS-sweetened drinks over almost two years ago (well, except for Cheerwine with my bbq whenever I go back home to N. Carolina), but preferred Dr. Pepper to most others for most of my life. Btw, if you've never had Cheerwine, don't, because if you like it, it's addicting, can be a massive pain in the ass to get, and is only drinkable extremely fresh (loses its extreme carbonation pretty quickly, then it's like drinking funky cherry syrup). The "retro" glass-bottled version sweetened with cane sugar is **** glorious, though.

It's my favourite. Liquified marzipan. Yum
I don't get this. I LOVE marzipan, but I hate Dr Pepper - and I don't think it tastes anything like marzipan. In fact I was surprised to see somebody hated it but loved cherry Coke; they seem very similar to me - that artificial chemical cherry taste (which is nothing like real cherries). Red Bull is in the same nasty ballpark. I'm sure when I was a kid I was given medicine that tasted exactly like it. Horrible.

Â