The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

3 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Otherwise I think I am stuck until October for a gig. Once everything has eased off though I reckon a ton will get announced.

I'm at November for a gig right now but that is because I'm just not buy8ing until I'm sure the gigs will happen, the ones I am going to are freebies

I’ve got a twice postponed one in September (hopefully) as the next, which’ll be probably 20+ months from the previous one, though I’ve no idea who that was, now.

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

now have tickets for Bambara, Shame, Squid and Jane Weaver in October/November time 

Weaver is 11th Feb next year in Liverpool, way too early for me to buy yet

SQuid is ALbert Hall in Manc 10th Sept, probably wont do that as I'm out the following two days

Shame - 24th Nov - Liv / 25th Manc maybe closer to the time because I'm out the next week in Manc

All possibles for me

But I have Wedding Present 18th Nov and Chameleons 17th & 18th December - Manchester

And I've also forgotten until just now

Futurama festival 11th & 12th Sept (Lovely Eggs / Warmduscher / Peter Hook and the Light / Bob Vylan / Chameleons / Spizz Energi /Billy Nomates / Section 25 and more)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, bickster said:

Really looking forward to this now

futurama.jpg

I saw Heaven 17 supporting Squeeze  in Guildford the other year , they put on a good set ...the female singers in particular were impressive .

Peter Hook I’ve seen about half a dozen times now and will see again in 2022 (rescheduled twice now )

not sure about the rest of that lineup mind

26 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I saw Heaven 17 supporting Squeeze  in Guildford the other year , they put on a good set ...the female singers in particular were impressive .

Peter Hook I’ve seen about half a dozen times now and will see again in 2022 (rescheduled twice now )

not sure about the rest of that lineup mind

Heaven 17's set will be from the first two albums (the best two). Peter Hook I'll watch but having seen JD/NO a number of times it'll never be the same

There's some absultely great bands on that bill... The Chameleons, Warmduscher, ACR, Clock DVA, Lovely Eggs, Spizz will be a laugh, Billy Nomates, Pom Poko, Imperial Wax (the last and longest incarnation of The Fall without MES), Blue Orchids, Section 25, Bob Vylan and Pete Bentham and the Dinner Ladies will be a laugh too. Hopefully I'll find some new stuff to like further down the bill too

EDIT: And TVAM are on the bill too, whose last album was and still is a favourite of mine

Godspeed You! Black Emperor have announced a tour next year:

Jan 16: UK London Electric Ballroom
Jan 17: UK London Electric Ballroom
Jan 19: UK Bristol SWX
Jan 20: UK Coventry Empire
Jan 21: UK Glasgow Barrowlands
Jan 22: UK Manchester University Academy I

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

I came here to post this very thing!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I am a wee bit excited.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Just booked Shed 7 for December @ the roundhouse

having had all my July gigs cancelled  ...booking for December , it  almost feels normal again

Is there a small room at the roundhouse, like the back room at the civic? Shed 7 surely can’t fill the roundhouse in 2021 can they?

Not a dig Tony, just seems a big venue for them. 

14 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Is there a small room at the roundhouse, like the back room at the civic? Shed 7 surely can’t fill the roundhouse in 2021 can they?

Not a dig Tony, just seems a big venue for them. 

The Roundhouse isn't that big, especially for London, it's only 1700 capacity. By way of comparison, Brixton Academy is 4900 and the Town and Country Club (*spits on its current name*) is 2300, The Hammersmith Odeon (*spits again*) is 5000 and even the Shepherds Bush Empire is 2000

• Like 1

Â