The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

2 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Yeah the Birmingham gig in January has now been pushed backed to November 2021. Sucks. Now next gig I think is Enslaved in May 2021 (hopefully). That'll be a whole year without a proper gig :( 

Sadly it’s the same for everyone - think my first rescheduled gig is also in May 21 and seriously hope we’re out of this shit by then 🤞

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Sadly it’s the same for everyone - think my first rescheduled gig is also in May 21 and seriously hope we’re out of this shit by then 🤞

I hope so, or certainly to an extend where we can have some form of gig!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I had Peter Hook at Brixton for March this year ... was  rescheduled to Feb next year ... last week they re-scheduled it again for Jan 2022  ...

2022 ... WTF

I have a feeling I may be going to that! Promoter is my mate and we may be planning a bit of a sesh. Planning a sesh for 14 months away... FFS

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

I have a feeling I may be going to that! Promoter is my mate and we may be planning a bit of a sesh. Planning a sesh for 14 months away... FFS

we are long overdue another  catchup , assuming I don't succumb to gingerbread biscuit related diabetes , I'll stick a date in my diary .... sometime in 2021 when i buy my 2022 one :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Every bloody gig is rescheduled for May 2021. Its starting to seem very optimistic. 

I had one scheduled for May, re-arranged to Sept, then re-arranged again to Sept next year. I dunno how many artists will give up. :(

@tonyh29yeah but it's in Butlins!

First thing that makes me laugh is Sice Boo and the Radleys, it was always Martin Carr's band, even in the early days. Putting Glasvegas and the sodding Bluetones above the Chameleons on Sunday's bill is an absolute travesty

Jim Bob really should give up. Him and his guitar doing Carter songs, is just dreadful

And then I spot.... The Room in the Wood down in the small print. My mate Dave's current band. Very good but there's an awful lot of mediocre reforming down there in the small print (hell there's f**kton of it up top too but hey) Bentley Rhytmn Ace are great for a laugh

Republica, the Milltown Brothers, Molly Half Head, jesus these were all shit the first time around

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They have 4 criteria it must meet. 

Your event was cancelled within the last 45 days AND

You purchased your ticket before March 15th AND

The event was scheduled to take place between 15 March 2020 and 31 December 2020 AND

Your purchase was transacted by Eventbrite Payment Processing using a method other than SEPA, iDEAL, or Bancontact

My ticket meets all of that, apart from scheduled date. Here they are sneaky little **** as pretty much every gig during that period was rescheduled or cancelled. Mine was rescheduled so they say mine falls outside of those dates, as it was postponed till May 2021, but now cancelled. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 2

Dinosaur Pile Up delayed again, first it was April this year, then next year, now 2022.

The fact it's now on a Wednesday means I need a refund, can't get to Kentish town midweek.

• Sad 1

I was tempted by a gig in Cardiff next March... and then I read the small print.

All tickets admit two people, those two will be socially distanced from all others, you must remain seated during the gig, no singing.

It’s Alabama 3, that’s close to broken my heart that has, no singing or dancing at an A3 gig, no mixing with other people. That’s all kinda the point of it, dancing with the Hells Angels and random housewives.

Thanks, I’ll buy a CD and save myself £50.

• Sad 1

Â