The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Anyone going to the Oasis gig down the Millenium Stadium on Friday? Will be there, sat in the stands somewhere though unfortunately :(

The Cardiff Beer Festival is happening over the whole weekend, £5 entry in the CIA, so it won't all be bad.

Getting tickets for the Specials in Wolverhampton on Friday.

Got Blur in Wolverhampton the week after next I think it is, aswell

err

I dunno what else off the top of my head

Go to my Songkick page here to see

ps. Join Songkick it's great

Friday - Academy 3 Birmingham - 51 Breaks (our last show before we go to film the Road to V final in London)

So you'll be playing London eh? Where and when? I may come along to lob a rotten tomato or two.

Not sure yet but illl let you know as soon as we do, wouldnt want you too miss an opportunity to meet 3 villa fans!

Off to Oasis at the SoL tonight. The missus got tickets and I'm not overly excited having fallen out of love with the Gallagher boys quite some time ago. Should be good though.

Saw them saturday.

Set list was good, they pulled out most the classics so it should take you back to the time when you was in love with them.

Yep, I concur. A good night was had by all, despite the rain. Still don't get the Kasabian hype though. Thought they were dreadful. Even more derivative than Quoasis. And all that hard man, 'ave it posturing and gurning just makes me laugh.

Anyone going to the Oasis gig down the Millenium Stadium on Friday? Will be there, sat in the stands somewhere though unfortunately :(

If it is anything like the Stadium of Light last night, it shouldn't be too much of a problem to get on the pitch. Half the stand we were in, including us, just walked down onto it. There was absolutely loads of space so I don't think the stewards were too bothered.

If it is anything like the Stadium of Light last night, it shouldn't be too much of a problem to get on the pitch. Half the stand we were in, including us, just walked down onto it. There was absolutely loads of space so I don't think the stewards were too bothered.

Class, from what I understand sales have been real slow lately so I am expecting there to be a chance to go at it.

Getting tickets for the Specials in Wolverhampton on Friday.

I have the pre-sale link if you want to get them today, will be alright getting them friday I'd of thought but pm if you do.

went to see Stereophonics at the Civic Hall Wolves last night, warmup gig before the IOW Festival on saturday.......... seen phonics about 40times, but the last hour of the set was the best ive seen them live in all that time......... just classic track after classic.........

got Oasis at the Ricoh (spit*) on the 7th july - my 30th bday........... also got ACDC at wembley on the 26th?

I had to take the other half last night too, wouldnt have minded if The Saturdays" were the support (although The Script werent half bad).

Thet werent bad and in all honesty are probably the only boy band I would have taken her to see.

Just a quick word about The Ricoh Arena..........shit. Absolutely tiny inside and spend one hour and twenty minutes trying to get of Car Park C. Whqat **** idiot decided to have one entrance / exit for 300 cars to get out of.

I will not be going there again in a hurry

Just got some for the New o2 Academy \ Dome Friday 11th Sept ( opening weekend ) after £5 million facelift.

Twang headlining, but having all 3 rooms open with 10 bands - £10 a ticket.

newsite.jpg

Just got some for the New o2 Academy \ Dome Friday 11th Sept ( opening weekend ) after £5 million facelift.

newsite.jpg

Hmm that makes me wonder......

(a) who else is on?

(B) and when do the fixtures come out to see if we're at home

Just fell back into my hotel after seeing Imelda May . Wow she is superb live. Got an invite to the after show party as I was stood behind her mom and dad.If you get chance to go and see her live go you will not regret it. One of the best gigs I have ever seen and one of the most genuine people I have ever met. Imelda May rocks !!

newsite.jpg

I'm seeing Editors on the opening night there which should be good. Can't wait to see how it looks.

Both Taj Mahal, and Gary Louris and Marc Olsen from the Jayhawks are playing on the same night, at different stages, at the Sage in Gateshead. Seen them both before, both brilliant and swore that I'd travel anywhere in this country, and possibly beyond, to see either again only to find both are on my doorstep on the same night! Holy dilemma!

Â