The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

11 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

No Ozzy for me and the missus on Saturday. He’s been rushed into hospital and uk tour cancelled until a later date.

Even the Prince of Darkness gets Man-flu

EDIT in Liverpool this would be said as Ozzy goes to ozzy, just a random thought

9 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I get it now. Still weird though . 

Scouse like Brum is lazy in that it drops it's Hs but it's lazier still because it shortens everything into a slang form that's only understood by those that live with it every day. A Brummie would say ospical, non Brummies would still understand this with a little thought, scouse just continues to shorten words over time until it becomes impenetrable to the outsider.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Scouse like Brum is lazy in that it drops it's Hs but it's lazier still because it shortens everything into a slang form that's only understood by those that live with it every day. A Brummie would say ospical, non Brummies would still understand this with a little thought, scouse just continues to shorten words over time until it becomes impenetrable to the outsider.

As it happens I like the scouse accent. It’s pretty unique tbf, although you could say that about most accents, but it really does seem more unique than others. 

29 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

As it happens I like the scouse accent. It’s pretty unique tbf, although you could say that about most accents, but it really does seem more unique than others. 

It's fairly unique. Of all the unique accents, it's probably one of the top two or three uniquest ones. 

• Haha 1

Buckcherry, Hoobastank and Adelitas Way last night at the O2 Institute. Very good indeed, and at £25 a ticket great value.

They make up for that by forcing me to buy the wife numerous double gins though...and the "4 jagerbombs for £10" also were forced on me, numerous times.

• Like 1

Went to my first gig in years last weekend and also took my kids to their first ever gig. Was The Kaiser Cheifs at O2 Academy in Brum.

The band were pretty good, played all the crowd pleasers. The venue was fairly awful though. My youth was spent watching bands at The Odeon in New Street which always generated a great atmosphere with good views all round (I had quite an obstructed view at O2 Academy. 

I think the last gig I went to was The Wonder Stuff supported by Jesus Jones at Wolverhampton Civic Hall in about 2000.  Hope to do more now. 

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Went to my first gig in years last weekend and also took my kids to their first ever gig. Was The Kaiser Cheifs at O2 Academy in Brum.

The band were pretty good, played all the crowd pleasers. The venue was fairly awful though. My youth was spent watching bands at The Odeon in New Street which always generated a great atmosphere with good views all round (I had quite an obstructed view at O2 Academy. 

I think the last gig I went to was The Wonder Stuff supported by Jesus Jones at Wolverhampton Civic Hall in about 2000.  Hope to do more now. 

The Odeon and the desire to get past the security, preventing people from going into the front stalls unless they had a ticket.

I remember the last Specials gig at the Odeon, I started on row WW or something (last but one?) and ended up on the stage during the encore :mrgreen:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bickster said:

The Odeon and the desire to get past the security, preventing people from going into the front stalls unless they had a ticket.

I remember the last Specials gig at the Odeon, I started on row WW or something (last but one?) and ended up on the stage during the encore :mrgreen:

I hope you were trying to unplug the amps, I would have :)

That's bollox actually, I wouldn't have been there in the first place. Move along please...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Just booked my tickets for Bloodstock :D

Been twice, just a day ticket, but it's a brilliant festival. Will go again when there's someone I want to see enough.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Buckcherry, Hoobastank and Adelitas Way last night at the O2 Institute. Very good indeed, and at £25 a ticket great value.

They make up for that by forcing me to buy the wife numerous double gins though...and the "4 jagerbombs for £10" also were forced on me, numerous times.

I just saw that they're all playing Rock City on Friday night. I'm there. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Been twice, just a day ticket, but it's a brilliant festival. Will go again when there's someone I want to see enough.

I was just going on the Saturday, I was tempted by the weekend ticket for the scorpions. Not a big fan, but they're just one of those bands I feel like I should have seen at least once. 

Pretty excited for Parkway Drive and Anthrax on the Saturday though. Evil scarecrow are always a laugh too. 

Â