The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Got tickets for Ozzy Osbourne for Xmas. Can take him or leave him in terms of solo, but looking forward to it. 

I was tempted to get tickets to see him in Nottingham. £75 is a lot to see him at this point, though.

I'm going to see Parkway Drive + Killswitch Engage the night before though, can't wait.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I was tempted to get tickets to see him in Nottingham. £75 is a lot to see him at this point, though.

I'm going to see Parkway Drive + Killswitch Engage the night before though, can't wait.

I know what you mean, but although he’s donkeys years past his best he still holds the A list rock star icon tag.   I weren’t that fussed about seeing him, but in another sense I’m really looking forward to it. Much prefer him with sabbath though. My brother in law is a massive Parkway Drive fan. 

• Like 1

On 25/12/2018 at 13:12, Rugeley Villa said:

Got tickets for Ozzy Osbourne for Xmas. Can take him or leave him in terms of solo, but looking forward to it. 

Agree with you on his solo stuff. You’ve got Judas Priest supporting as well though. If it was a joint headline or Judas Priest headlining I would be all over that, but can’t justify the ticket price. Should be good fun though.

52 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Agree with you on his solo stuff. You’ve got Judas Priest supporting as well though. If it was a joint headline or Judas Priest headlining I would be all over that, but can’t justify the ticket price. Should be good fun though.

Yes, which will make it even better. Don’t mind Priest. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/12/2018 at 18:18, Rugeley Villa said:

I know what you mean, but although he’s donkeys years past his best he still holds the A list rock star icon tag.   I weren’t that fussed about seeing him, but in another sense I’m really looking forward to it. Much prefer him with sabbath though. My brother in law is a massive Parkway Drive fan. 

I'm still 50/50 on this. Surprised it hasn't sold out, tbh, I might see how I feel in the days leading up to it.

Got to be honest, I hadn't heard of PWD a month ago, the gig mostly popped up on to my radar because i'm a recent KSE fan, so when I saw they were opening, I was interested. Cracking band though, and I doubt they'll be back in the UK any time soon. If anyone can listen to Absolute Power and not want to lose their shit in a mosh, I just don't know what to say to them.

Amusingly, I also hadn't heard of KSE until last year when they opened for Maiden, I think my tastes are getting heavier over time.

Edited by Davkaus

9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'm still 50/50 on this. Surprised it hasn't sold out, tbh, I might see how I feel in the days leading up to it.

Got to be honest, I hadn't heard of PWD a month ago, the gig mostly popped up on to my radar because i'm a recent KSE fan, so when I saw they were opening, I was interested. Cracking band though, and I doubt they'll be back in the UK any time soon. If anyone can listen to Absolute Power and not want to lose their shit in a mosh, I just don't know what to say to them.

Amusingly, I also hadn't heard of KSE until last year when they opened for Maiden, I think my tastes are getting heavier over time.

Ozzy has always been huge in America, but his popularity is always up and down in the UK.  It doesn’t surprise me that it’s not sold out yet. Must admit, I’m not into PWD at all. Not gave them much of a listen, but from what I’ve heard, it’s not my cup of tea. I’m not a huge ozzy fan these days either, and rarely listen to his solo stuff. I listen to a lot of doom these days, which gives me my sabbath fix without having to listen to sabbath all the time. It’s also enabling me to discover new bands too.

On 14/12/2018 at 18:07, tonyh29 said:

Madness tonight at the O2 with the boy who for unknown reasons has become a fan 

slight worry on the age policy of 16 (he’s 14) , mainly I don’t think they will give a monkeys but there’s always one stickler and I’m bound to find him ...

My kids (14 and 16) love Madness too.  

On a side note my brother in law was standing at a till at a motorway services the other week when he noticed all the bottles of spirits on the wall behind the till.  Thinking it an odd thing to sell he asked if they ever sell any. 

"Hardly any" the young girl replied "but last week a big tour bus came in and 2 guys bought a bottle of vodka, downed it between them and put the bottle in the bin then got back on the bus, my boss said one of the guys was called Suggs or something from some 80's band called Madness" 

Edited by sidcow

Not sure if this is allowed but i can no longer go to this due to a Wedding on the same day so looking to get rid of 2 standing tickets for Chvrches at Birmingham O2 academy on Sat Feb 9th. Face value is £25 each +£4.05 fees per ticket + postage. If someone on here wants them you can have them for £40 delivered (I have the tickets in hand & can post out this week for you)

Gods of rap ..sounds like hell

I saw De La Soul a few years ago at Bestival ..well , when I say saw , I watched 2 songs then left and went to another stage as my ears couldn't take any more

Public Enemy supported Stone Roses the other year ... If i recall @Risso and I adjourned to the bar to escape the noise (tbf  was quite a messy day and memories are somewhat hazy of the whole day , he might be along in a second to say I was singing along word for word to every song :) )

Â