The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I know it's not a gig, but hey. Just wanna make sure @rjw63 and @dAVe80 get on it.

Cheers Chris. I'm at my mate Dub Bri's birthday party that night, and my mate Wal is DJing with his One Love sound system. I'll very likely enjoy is Saturday. Not as much as Rob though, obviously. 

• Like 2

stormzy confirmed as the friday night glastonbury headliner

will no doubt draw in the yoof and i'll be honest and say i dont get him but appreciate a lot of people will but my main point would be headliner on the main stage? thats mental, he's realeased 1 album (which sold 129k copies) no doubt he's got something out next year but has anyone ever headlined a major festival with that little material to play?

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

stormzy confirmed as the friday night glastonbury headliner

will no doubt draw in the yoof and i'll be honest and say i dont get him but appreciate a lot of people will but my main point would be headliner on the main stage? thats mental, he's realeased 1 album (which sold 129k copies) no doubt he's got something out next year but has anyone ever headlined a major festival with that little material to play?

It won't draw anyone in, Glasto sells out anyway. My daughter being the yoof you are on about was most disappointed

2 hours ago, bickster said:

It won't draw anyone in, Glasto sells out anyway. My daughter being the yoof you are on about was most disappointed

when i said draw in i meant people actually standing in that field rather than another field and the TV audience

tickets were like rocking horse shit after 2/3 minutes again this year

Taking the missus to see Jeff Goldblum and the Mildred Snitzer Orchestra on Saturday.  Should be... interesting.  Gotta admit I've no particular interest in the type of the jazz they'll be belting out but hopefully it'll be a larf.  If not, we're spending the morning at a Japanese food festival so at the very least I plan to be shit-faced on sake by lunchtime and will just ride that out for the rest of the day.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

when i said draw in i meant people actually standing in that field rather than another field and the TV audience

tickets were like rocking horse shit after 2/3 minutes again this year

Yeah my daughter managed to get a ticket and one of her friends but her other friends failed

help me out here, even glastonbury headliners I dont like, I know a few songs. I have heard one Stormzy song, a slow one, is that the same for most people, or does he have songs a lot of people know?

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

help me out here, even glastonbury headliners I dont like, I know a few songs. I have heard one Stormzy song, a slow one, is that the same for most people, or does he have songs a lot of people know?

You know more than I, he's got one of those names I instantly dislike, it resonates in my head with a DJ like Jo Wiley talking about being backstage at a Stomzy gig and to prevent me throwing up instantly, my brain switches off

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

You know more than I, he's got one of those names I instantly dislike, it resonates in my head with a DJ like Jo Wiley talking about being backstage at a Stomzy gig and to prevent me throwing up instantly, my brain switches off

This.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/11/2018 at 20:22, rjw63 said:

Greta Van Fleet on Wednesday, my stepdaughter saw them in London last night and said they were "**** fantastic". that's good enough for me!

Also just booked Buckcherry, Hoobastank and Adelita's way next Feb for £25, a bargain indeed.

I must say,these kids are talented, the people there tonight ranged in age from 16 to 65, very odd. There was even a mosh pit, which was a shame really as my stepdaughter said there were women on guys shoulders flashing their tits in London, much preferable :)

Off to see "Surf's UP" a Beach Boys tribute (apparently a very good one) doing the Sunflower LP, saturday night at Huntingdon Hall, Worcester.

Just now, rjw63 said:

I must say,these kids are talented, the people there tonight ranged in age from 16 to 65, very odd. There was even a mosh pit, which was a shame really as my stepdaughter said there were women on guys shoulders flashing their tits in London, much preferable :)

Off to see "Surf's UP" a Beach Boys tribute (apparently a very good one) doing the Sunflower LP, saturday night at Huntingdon Hall, Worcester.

I know little of greta van fleet other than they were trending on twitter a few weeks back as someone, assuming pitchfork, gave them a ridiculously harsh review.

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I know little of greta van fleet other than they were trending on twitter a few weeks back as someone, assuming pitchfork, gave them a ridiculously harsh review.

They seem to be very Marmite, a lot of older types don't like 'em because they sound a bit like Zeppelin.

Personally I think that's great

• Like 1

Randomly, I saw Stormzy at Glastonbury last year. He's also fairly local to home and did his album launch at the Croydon Boxpark. 

He got good crowds at both and actually he's quite right on and didn't act like Billy Big Bollocks, which may have helped his cause?

tbh I find a lot of what the kids are listening to less offensive than what some of my friends listen to.

Â