The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

38 minutes ago, knoppy1987 said:

I did The Cure the day after. Ride were the pick of the bunch for me. Slowdive good as well. 

A great album from both of them last year. Probably my favourite albums by both bands

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, knoppy1987 said:

I did The Cure the day after. Ride were the pick of the bunch for me. Slowdive good as well. 

lot of my friends moaned about the supporting cast .. seemed to be more that the "Gold circle" people weren't interested  , some weren't even present and those that were , were just having conversations amongst themselves

Richard Ashcroft on Friday went off on a Top rant about the Gold circle people , seemed to be along the lines of "If you're not interested in the music and just want to chat , then you should have gone to a Liam Gallagher gig where the music is shite "  ... meow

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

lot of my friends moaned about the supporting cast .. seemed to be more that the "Gold circle" people weren't interested  , some weren't even present and those that were , were just having conversations amongst themselves

Richard Ashcroft on Friday went off on a Top rant about the Gold circle people , seemed to be along the lines of "If you're not interested in the music and just want to chat , then you should have gone to a Liam Gallagher gig where the music is shite "  ... meow

I thought the list of supports was tremendous tbh. I've paid to see quite a number of acts on the bill

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

To be fair, he makes a good point :D

4 hours ago, bickster said:

A great album from both of them last year. Probably my favourite albums by both bands

Very much agree Bickster. Ride were so good, I am looking at a few dates they have on in August dotted around the country. 

Regarding the day itself, I thoroughly enjoyed it and the acts. Not everything is going to be to your taste and you're always guaranteed the odd plonker, but all in all, I'd have to say I was there for the music and many others also. 

• Like 1

Day 1 of Mad cool fest in Madrid

main act were pearl Jam but Eels were fantastic in the support slots , Pearl Jam May just have become the best live act I’ve ever seen , none of this play by numbers stuff , the guitar solos were on planet oh yes , sounded fantastic with a great front man but also great guitars 

Kasabaian followed and for a while sounded like a pub band compared to PJ but tbf they did a storming set and I’d def go see them again ... MGMT at 3 am were just what the doctor ordered , great sound and great visuals 

and as luck would have it breakfast opens at 6:30 just as we got back to the hotel following the late night disco

roll on day 2 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 3

Day 1 of Mad cool fest in Madrid

main act were pearl Jam but Eels were fantastic in the support slots , Pearl Jam May just have become the best live act I’ve ever seen , none of this play by numbers stuff , the guitar solos were on planet oh yes , sounded fantastic with a great front man but also great guitars 

Kasabaian followed and for a while sounded like a pub band compared to PJ but tbf they did a storming set and I’d def go see them again ... MGMT at 3 am were just what the doctor ordered , great sound and great visuals 

and as luck would have it breakfast opens at 6:30 just as we got back to the hotel following the late night disco

roll on day 2 

Eels aside that festival is my version of hell. I have never seen Eels and as non country acts go they are one of my favourites. 

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

I was lucky enough to see them with Layne Staley.

They were supposed to open for Metallica along with Pearl Jam in 93 but both fell off for some reason and we got Suicidal Tendencies and Electric Boys instead :rant:

Tonight’s offerings at Mad Cool

Bit of Wolf Alice who probably deserved to be on a bit later to a bigger audience , rag n bone man who whilst not my cup of tea did a decent set , Like a sober Palo Nutini , jack Johnstone who we swerved in order to get about 3 rows from the front for Queens of the Stone Age ... wow that was mental , reckon I sweated about 6 stone in that mosh pit , awesome set ... then Depeche Mode , a different sort of set more sedate that QOST and slightly blotted by it being the same set I saw them play in London last year .. but They showed why they were top billing ... missed nine inch nails to go and see someone I’d never heard of and to get up close for Jet ... wow wow wow , I think Jet stole the festival , it’s like AC/DC met the Who , what a great sound , loved it , can’t believe I’d never heard of them before 

blew out underworld ,partly as they are pants , partly as I’ve seen them before and partly as I’ve got a 10am flight in the morning so I can get home to see my daughter playing in her first gig with her school rock project 

rock n roll ....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Jet are still going?

i’ve already told you what I think of Rag n Bone man ???

One of my mates bought a rag n bone man T shirt  :( ... could have been worse he could have bought a Ramones one 

One of my mates bought a rag n bone man T shirt  :( ... could have been worse he could have bought a Ramones one 

Does he go on Jane McDonald hosted cruises too?

• 2 weeks later...

The UK portion of Iron Maiden's Legacy of the Beast tour starts tomorrow.

Standing tickets for the NEC sold out before I could get one, I have to go to a wedding on the dates of the O2 gigs so tomorrow I'm setting off on a 3.5 hour drive to Newcastle, going mental, having a few bottles of Trooper, crashing in the closest hotel, then driving home at 5am to get to work on Wednesday.

And I bet it'll be worth it. 

• Like 1

Â