The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

45 minutes ago, blandy said:

Currently, er limbering up waiting for Bicks and Courtney Barnett tonight. #back street boozer

444AD055-6D86-4758-B6E2-BD1CD370645B.jpeg

Drinking lager again I see ... you’ll be taking the coal out of your bath next  :)

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Drinking lager again I see ... you’ll be taking the coal out of your bath next  :)

Lager! How dare you!  (Actually I’m omnibeverous, but still...) that was dizzy blonde.

what a good gig, though. And my lucky geyser vibe must have moved up a notch as when Bicks turned up I was stood outside the venue chatting away happily with the bass guitarist.

Well, Walter Trout was bloody impressive. Support act was a young Brummie band, called Broken Witt Rebels - any of you lot know them? 

9 hours ago, blandy said:

Lager! How dare you!  (Actually I’m omnibeverous, but still...) that was dizzy blonde.

what a good gig, though. And my lucky geyser vibe must have moved up a notch as when Bicks turned up I was stood outside the venue chatting away happily with the bass guitarist.

so not that lucky then :P

Edited by tonyh29

I had to go OTR II as I'd never heard of them  ... turns out it's Jay Z and Beyoncé  

you have my deepest sympathy , hope you've got some decent headphones and music on your phone to listen to

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I had to go OTR II as I'd never heard of them  ... turns out it's Jay Z and Beyoncé  

you have my deepest sympathy , hope you've got some decent headphones and music on your phone to listen to

Saved me the bother of doing it.

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

Wife is dragging me to this tomorrow. Cant wait?

montq1a.jpg

Can we come to your divorce party? Surely no human being can be loved THAT much

10 hours ago, blandy said:

Yep, great gig

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

so not that lucky then :P

It was very lucky, I had to save him from some mad hippy Aussie bass player ?:crylaugh:?

• Haha 1

heh don't like stadium gigs & don't like beyonce or jay-z so it is going to be a fun evening. Wouldn't be so bad but it's 2 days off work, £200 odd quid for tickets & all the hotels hiked up their prices so another £250 to stay in a holiday inn ffs

If i like something & she doesn't then she doesn't go but if she wants to go to something i end up having to go along.

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

heh don't like stadium gigs & don't like beyonce or jay-z so it is going to be a fun evening. Wouldn't be so bad but it's 2 days off work, £200 odd quid for tickets & all the hotels hiked up their prices so another £250 to stay in a holiday inn ffs

If i like something & she doesn't then she doesn't go but if she wants to go to something i end up having to go along.

I think that's a month of wild sex at the least to have to endure such psychological and financial torture

34 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Haterz gonna hate. 

Stereophonics in Cardiff on Saturday.

Wouldn't be my first choice, but a million times rather that than Beyoncé and Jay-Z. 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I think that's a month of wild sex at the least to have to endure such psychological and financial torture

A month? More like a lifetime if he does the right thing and dumps her for inflicting such torture. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

I reckon I'd quite enjoy Jay Z and Beyonce

Want me to go in your place?

Â