The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

As Wilson said at the BSH gig, if you write songs for your audience, then you're an entertainer, if you write for yourself and challenge your audience then you're an artist.

He doesn't care if he loses some fans, he makes new ones. He's true to himself, that's the main thing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

DahaE4pWkAUtdVh.jpg

A few months ago I asked them if they ever do gigs in my neck of the woods...

6th October, Barry Island!!!

and they're doing the Ogden's concept album, all over it, walking distance from the house

FRIDAY 8TH JUNE

- Lee Scratch Perry (official) & Subatomic Sound System
- Roni Size
- Dub Pistols
- Mungo's Hi Fi w/ Eva Lazarus
- Dreadzone
- Channel One Sound System
- Iration Steppas Official w/ Murray Man
- Tru Thoughts Records Takeover w/ Rodney P - RiddimKilla, Skitz & Wrongtom
- Radikal Guru w/ Echo Ranks & Cian Finn
- Sinai Sound System (both days)

SATURDAY 9TH JUNE

- Macka B & The Roots Ragga Band
- Sister Nancy & Legal Shot Sound System
- Adrian Sherwood & Creation Rebel
- Misty in Roots
- Capital Letters Official Band
- Brukout feat. Seani B & Rory Stone Love
- Carroll Thompson, Horseman & King Lorenzo w/ The Upper Cut Band
- Don Letts
- Manudigital w/ Parly B & Bazil
- Dubkasm w/ Solo Banton
- Resonators
- Count Skylarkin presents 'Derek's Island Discs'
- Samson Sounds
- The Majestic
- Baked A La Ska

Weekend Tickets only £40: skiddle.com/e/12997064

Positive Vibration Festival added Scratch now amongst others

• Like 1

I'm going to see Skindred at the Institute in Brum on the 29th. Benji Webbe is a friend of one of my mates at work and has invited him and myself along so we will be going backstage chatting with the band and enjoying a great gig. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Noel Gallagher gig in Birmingham tonight. Not sold out. Damning indictment of his shit new album. 

Strict ID enforcement not helping. All tickets have the name of the booker on them. You must produce photo ID matching this (groups of people must arrive together with the booker or they will be refused entry).

No photo ID = you are not getting in so if you purchased tickets as a gift etc you either have to go to the venue with the people you bought them for or you could pay to change the name via twickets website. Wife bought you a ticket for christmas? She's going with you or on her own if it was a single ticket....

Either way people need ID.

They have been enforcing it 100% so far on this tour, loads of people turned away every night who either received them as a gift /bought off viagogo/tout etc.

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

Alice in chains showing up in Sweden/Denmark during midsummer when I'm not around. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Like 1

@LakotaDakota is right, the no tout you must show ID thing had the biggest impact on sales, the £55 + fees ticket price doesnt help but those scissor players are expensive 

Im not sure the new album has much impact at all, theres still a huge number of people there waiting to hear what oasis sing he wheels out

As for the show...it was ok, his chats with he crowd are brilliant, i thought his wonderwall is more than a little influenced by ryan adams, didnt play the better noel oasis songs (like he said he played talk tonight last tour, and masterplan) not sold on go let it out

Liam was better but i was more up for liam (re pissed) as was half the crowd, i reckon the average age was probably 10 years older last night, it was a great sing along rather than a night bouncing off other people

Did also find last night there was way too many gig talkers for my liking, push closer to the front half way through little by little stand in front of me, get your photo, talk about work...**** off!!

Yo La Tengo in Leeds tonight. Playing at a venue that used to be a church. It'll be a new one for me.

I also see Father John Misty is touring the UK again. Shall most likely see him at The Sage in October.

• Like 1

Got my Suede ticket yesterday ... with Pearl Jam in July , my to do list of bands is nearly  complete

can't think of any new bands to add , what with modern music being crap and all that 

Â