The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from seeing The Melvins in't Leeds. Awesome gig, heavier that King Kong's dick! Redd Kross supported too, with Dale Crover drumming for both bands. What a beast behind the kit, that man is! One of the best gigs I've been to this year.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Just back from seeing The Melvins in't Leeds. Awesome gig, heavier that King Kong's dick! Redd Kross supported too, with Dale Crover drumming for both bands. What a beast behind the kit, that man is! One of the best gigs I've been to this year.

Wow- awesome gig.

i saw Reds Kross at The Marquee in London in 1994 for their Phaseshifter tour - they were excellent! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Got tickets to see BRMC tonight with friends, one of my favourite bands ever. My girlfriend got so "drunk" we had to leave Birmingham before even getting there.

I think this is the end for us. Absolutely gutted. On all fronts.

• Like 1

On 28/10/2017 at 22:25, PieFacE said:

Got tickets to see BRMC tonight with friends, one of my favourite bands ever. My girlfriend got so "drunk" we had to leave Birmingham before even getting there.

I went, they were very good. Venue was half full. Shame for BRMC but great for us.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

My mate got me a ticket to see Mogwai in the Toon, early next year. Also going to see Culture in a couple of weeks.

I don't really know Mogwai, but all the folks in the local record shop are well chuffed with getting tickets for the Bristol gig, so clearly there's some clues suggesting there's something to catch up on here.

• Like 1

I saw Mogwai a good few years ago now, I'm not a fan of anything it was just back in the days when I would pay to see anyone. Really good gig it was though.

I'm going to see Jason Isbelle at the symphony hall tomorrow, can't wait for it.

• Like 1

On 28 October 2017 at 22:25, PieFacE said:

That's shit, sorry to hear.  I'm going to see them in Brighton tomorrow night and really looking forward to it.  Like you I had tickets to see them on their last tour but had to abandon it on the day, so it's a long time coming.

24 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I don't really know Mogwai, but all the folks in the local record shop are well chuffed with getting tickets for the Bristol gig, so clearly there's some clues suggesting there's something to catch up on here.

They're kind of proggy / krautrockish, but a bit more modern, and Scotch.

2 minutes ago, Xann said:

Oops - There goes Brand New - The clearing in the woods.

Anyone got tix?

Wasn't interested in this tour because I think the new album is pretty boring. Used to be my favourite band for a long time back in the day.

Jesse's "apology" was pathetic, pulled a Spacey in diverting the issue.

Saw OMD on sat night in another trip down memory lane .

sound was top notch , the performance was a little paint by numbers  , but still decent enough

Happy Mondays on Thursdays .. a bonkers night is guaranteed for all

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Saw OMD on sat night in another trip down memory lane .

sound was top notch , the performance was a little paint by numbers  , but still decent enough

Happy Mondays on Thursdays .. a bonkers night is guaranteed for all

Shaun Ryder is an absolute fruit cake. I think he's still in debt up to his eyeballs. "Pills thrills and Belly aches" I think is the name of the album that I have by them. It's been years since I played it. 

Â