The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

I get it that certain songs have to be played, although sometimes I wish they wouldn't. But I hate The predictability of it all. Sabbath used to open with paranoid back in 1970 which is a great song to open with, since then every gig they have done has ended with paranoid.

It's as if they only do it for the part time fairweather fans and not the real ones. 

Metallica ticket sold :( my wife and her mate are still going, but I can't risk it. Sold it to some old geezer from St. Helens. He's made up, so it's all good. Tbf though if I never see Metallica in my lifetime it's not the end of the world. I like them, but I'm not crazy on them.

Hacienda classical last Friday at Kew Gardens (could I be any more middle class?).

Absolutely rotten sound. I think I was halfway back and I could barely hear it. Outdoor gigs can suck it.

On 7/16/2017 at 15:52, Rugeley Villa said:

I get it that certain songs have to be played, although sometimes I wish they wouldn't. But I hate The predictability of it all. Sabbath used to open with paranoid back in 1970 which is a great song to open with, since then every gig they have done has ended with paranoid.

It's as if they only do it for the part time fairweather fans and not the real ones. 

A lot of people want to hear the classics though. 

If Oasis reformed i'd be annoyed if they never played Don't Look Back in Anger. You need a mix of new and old. 

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

A lot of people want to hear the classics though. 

If Oasis reformed i'd be annoyed if they never played Don't Look Back in Anger. You need a mix of new and old. 

Yeah I understand that, but I'd love to hear some of the lesser known ones. Mix the setlist up and give us a couple of surprises  at the end instead of the usual.

• Like 1

Just bought tickets for 2 upcoming shows in my hometown (Karlstad) this autumn.

In October it's Paradise Lost, Pallbearer, Vampire + Antichrist.

And month later it's Millencolin, Danko Jones, Discharge + Mob 47

Got to hand it to they guy and girl who run the local music clubs in Karlstad, they are continuing to get great bands and artists to play at our little middle of the woods country town.

• 1 month later...

Decided last moment to get tickets for the Skatelites in Newcastle, Monday night. Really fancied seeing Electric Wizard at the same venue tonight, but couldn't get anyone else to go.

On 19/08/2017 at 17:48, dAVe80 said:

Decided last moment to get tickets for the Skatelites in Newcastle, Monday night. Really fancied seeing Electric Wizard at the same venue tonight, but couldn't get anyone else to go.

If I was local I'd of gone with you bud. 

• Like 1

I went to V Festival yesterday after being nagged into it by a mate. 

What a pile of shite. 

I went for years and it used to be a decent 'indie' festival, now it's some tweeny bopper pop fest, with more security than punters. 

Took about an hour to get through more checks than an airport, then once inside it became apparent they'd only bothered to train the dogs to smell weed as there were more class A's on show than an episode of Narcos. 

So basically, you could get pilled up off your nut, or high as a kite on columbia's finest, as long as you didn't want a joint. Madness (who incidentally were the best thing I saw all day, which should give you an idea of the standard!). 

Edited by wazzap24

• 4 weeks later...

Saw Stewart Lee in Durham, on Saturday. Absolutely superb. If you get chance to see him on his current 'Content Provider' tour, do so (only if you're a member of the Liberal Metropolitan elite of course).   

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 2

Was at the Bournemouth Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds gig last night.

first time seeing them live and they didn't disappoint! 

Brilliantly hypnotic and captivating - playing tracks spanning all their albums.

was surprised and how well the material from the skeleton tree transposed into a live performance. 

For a 60yr old, Cave has still got it!

IMG_1527.JPG

IMG_1528.JPG

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2

A singer I loved but hasnt played a gig in ten years appears to be playing one over thanksgiving in Baltimore, giving it some considerable thought but the fact that its over thanksgiving is surely going to inflate my costs, let alone finding a flight in the first place.

54 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

A singer I loved but hasnt played a gig in ten years appears to be playing one over thanksgiving in Baltimore, giving it some considerable thought but the fact that its over thanksgiving is surely going to inflate my costs, let alone finding a flight in the first place.

Do it! 

If there's a chance of seeing a rare live performance it has to be done - otherwise you'll always think 'what if?'

(who by the way?)

A relatively unknown singer outside of Maryland, Mary Prankster. I loved her a lot in the early 2000's, I talked myself out of her final gig in 2005 and I regretted it massively. I think I need to do this.

• Like 2

Â