The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

12 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Very happy - managed to snag tickets to the Saturday night Pavement gig at Camden Roundhouse! 

well chuffed 😆

Me mate got me a ticket for the Leeds gig. Am right excited. 😁

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Davkaus said:

While She Sleeps, tonight. My first gig since February last year, and it was **** banging.

Saw them at the Asylum on Thursday. So so good!

Edited by MCU
  • Like 1

Isle of Wight festival this weekend 

Tom Jones and Liam Gallagher can duck right off but thankfully there  are another other acts to make it worth while …

last gig I went to before lockdown was Supergrass , quite fitting that they will be playing at my first “gig” for about 18 months  

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Isle of Wight festival this weekend 

Tom Jones and Liam Gallagher can duck right off but thankfully there  are another other acts to make it worth while …

last gig I went to before lockdown was Supergrass , quite fitting that they will be playing at my first “gig” for about 18 months  

Just looked at the lineup, you poor bugger. Primal Scream and the Lightning Seeds aside, the rest is utter rubbish but you'd have to question why the Primals are on in the big top for starters AND at the same time as Liam Gallagher. That really is a festival for people who don't like music, seemingly organised by people who haven't got a clue. I know you have some sort of liking for Shed Seven and James but even for you that Festival might as well be all but over by the end of Friday night

12 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Next gigs booked, getting back in to the swing of things now, this is basically my only time going out, and I wfh so plenty of time to test before/after just in case. This is the one thing I've really missed in the last 18 months.

I'm going to see Trivium at the O2 Academy, Billy Bragg at Rock City and Svalbard at the Bodega in November. Then on to Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, and Enter Shikari in December :)

Shikari 🙌

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Just looked at the lineup, you poor bugger. Primal Scream and the Lightning Seeds aside, the rest is utter rubbish but you'd have to question why the Primals are on in the big top for starters AND at the same time as Liam Gallagher. That really is a festival for people who don't like music, seemingly organised by people who haven't got a clue. I know you have some sort of liking for Shed Seven and James but even for you that Festival might as well be all but over by the end of Friday night

I’ll be drunk from Friday morning until Monday morning so it won’t really matter , but Supergrass , shed 7 , James , Primal scream , Razorlight , lightning seeds , snow Patrol , Kaiser chiefs are all decent enough to keep me going … and being an 80’s child I’m partial to a bit of Duran Duran , though they have a new album out which sucks big time so have to hope they limit it to a token one “new song”

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I’ll be drunk from Friday morning until Monday morning so it won’t really matter , but Supergrass , shed 7 , James , Primal scream , Razorlight , lightning seeds , snow Patrol , Kaiser chiefs are all decent enough to keep me going … and being an 80’s child I’m partial to a bit of Duran Duran , though they have a new album out which sucks big time so have to hope they limit it to a token one “new song”

Don't try and justify going. Some good names on that line up. Have a great time!

I'll just leave this here again... 🥱

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tinker said:

Seeing James would be worth it on their own tbh. Have a great time !

one of the James gigs i was at , he was on the barrier leaning into the crowd and i was sorta holding him up with a few mates ... he waved his mic in my face so i had a bit of a sing into it :) 

Hoping to go one better this time and have a dance on stage when he invites a few people up , if I can get anywhere near the front that is 

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

one of the James gigs i was at , he was on the barrier leaning into the crowd and i was sorta holding him up with a few mates ... he waved his mic in my face so i had a bit of a sing into it :) 

Hoping to go one better this time and have a dance on stage when he invites a few people up , if I can get anywhere near the front that is 

Just don't get your phone out for selfie 😲

thats a festival line up that tells you how big the dearth of bands is right now...

surprised seemingly no booked wolf alice to headline anything this summer, i dont like their new album but royal blood are quiet too, other than sam fender where is everyone?

say what you like about Liam but the reality is no one has replaced him, there's no one new for the next generation to shift the popularity on to 

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

wolf alice

I saw them at a festival in Madrid in 2018 , they were way down the food chain , sorta ok but take away the bangability of the lead singer and i didn't think that much of them 

they seem to be massive now , maybe I should give them another listen 

12 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I saw them at a festival in Madrid in 2018 , they were way down the food chain , sorta ok but take away the bangability of the lead singer and i didn't think that much of them 

they seem to be massive now , maybe I should give them another listen 

New album is good.

7 minutes ago, MCU said:

New album is good.

Yep this

They're not threatening to be the best band of all time but in terms of what's around now they're definitely up there, the competition is seemingly the 1975...where are they festival season? Nowhere to be seen

I'm the same Tony I've seen them a few times in middle of the afternoon slots at festivals, not sure if they do translate well to 100k people 

But festivals would rather stick on someone like gerry cinnamon who imo is shite "but he's great live" I don't care, you can't be that big despite sounding shit on record because the pissed up teenagers in the crowd elevate him 

There is no new band from the last 10 years that can headline a festival, they don't exist, tame impala or catfish for the other stage but the pyramid stage at glasto for example, there is no one new who can pull it off

Edited by villa4europe

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

There is no new band from the last 10 years that can headline a festival, they don't exist, tame impala or catfish for the other stage but the pyramid stage at glasto for example, there is no one new who can pull it off

The only one that springs immediately to mind would be IDLES. They were formed in 2009 tbh, but they weren't really in the public gaze until 4 or 5 years ago.

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

The only one that springs immediately to mind would be IDLES. They were formed in 2009 tbh, but they weren't really in the public gaze until 4 or 5 years ago.

Again I think they're other stage for me or about 3rd on the bill for the pyramid, I don't think their last album was that much of a success that they're big enough

Would expect them to spend the summer headlining the likes of y not and truck etc of which there are now loads which might be changing the festival landscape 

I’ve seen Primal Scream once and they were magnificent, loud relentless sonic sex. Even to the extent Gillespie sounded like a singer and sounded like he knew most of the words.

For that reason, I don’t think I dare see them again. My understanding is that ordinarily they can be quite ropey live.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve seen Primal Scream once and they were magnificent, loud relentless sonic sex. Even to the extent Gillespie sounded like a singer and sounded like he knew most of the words.

For that reason, I don’t think I dare see them again. My understanding is that ordinarily they can be quite ropey live.

I have seen Primal Scream at last count between 5 and 7 times, so let's say 6. It's likely to be 8 though, but that's not important. My findings are that as they got older, they got more tired. As we all do. As an aside my wife has seen them exactly the same amount of times as me. She remembers none of them. 

I am jealous though as not once would I describe it as relentless sonic sex. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I have seen Primal Scream at last count between 5 and 7 times, so let's say 6. It's likely to be 8 though, but that's not important. My findings are that as they got older, they got more tired. As we all do. As an aside my wife has seen them exactly the same amount of times as me. She remembers none of them. 

I am jealous though as not once would I describe it as relentless sonic sex. 

spacer.png

I went to this, audience of 95 people at Maida Vale, full gig with the middle third broadcast on the radio.

One of the loudest I’ve been to.

But in digging thru photos…

The man himself, Scratch

spacer.png

and the private and public Gloucester gigs…

spacer.png

spacer.png

yes, my gig photos are rough, it’s click, got it, phone back in pocket and enjoy the thing in real time

• Like 1

Â