Would you like more money?

The_Rev

Would you like more money?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like more money?

• Yes.
    • No.

Money is the root of all evil

But as im satans offspring BRING IT ON!!

And if somebody else is suffering for me to have money maybe they shouldn 't have turned down the money in the first place!! Serves em bloody right!

In this world its look after number one and number on only! (in my case number 2 n 3 included) lol

Given the thread was triggered by the rise in tuition fees, I have to say why can we find £6 bn for a war no one wanted or understands, but a fraction of that would pay for a decent free education to all future taxpayers who want one.

When you get to 40, like me, you realise that even at 18, people/students are still very essentially "young" and gauché and relatively inmature. Sure not all, but many. Why are we in such a hurry to make kids grow up? They leave school at 18 years old, don't know anyhting, and sadling them with huge debts becasue they want to "self improve" themselves with additional education.

If we applied that logic to business, we'd have all the company training departments invoicing us for company training.

The fact is, if I keel over in the street, I want there to be a Doctor to help revive me. Not a dustman. You can't help supply and demand in the jobs market after university. Dr's earn £100k because of the position they hold and the responsibility, not the education they received - the educaiton is just a tool to equip them to use the responsiblity correctly.

You also have to realise that for every student doing Law, or Medicine, there are 10 businees studies students and about 3834890 Media studies students. Study isn't just to "learn". Even a decent media course, introduces concepts such as debate, discussion, listening, research metholodolgy. Even if you think the course is a crap one, if they're learning skills for the future, and having a bit of fun letting of steam in the student bar on cheap cider, before they get on the hamster wheel of work for the next 45 years, why not?

We benefit in sociuety by encouring people to further study. Why suffocate the stream of Doctors, Dentists, Teachers, and other essential support services we all use by taxing away incentive?

I'd rather tax footballers, who add little if no value to society. And they didn't even get the education. Reckon the a&e house Dr, who's doing a 70 hour week, tired, and needing rest who still earns in a year what Ashley Young earns in about 10 days is fair and equitible?

Â