The Other Music Thread - DnB, Dub, Reggae, Techno et al.....

trimandson

Used to like my Jungle and DnB back in the day. Bit laps of late though. Not really up on who's on the scene at the moment. Still give the likes of LTJ Bukem, Groove Rider, DJ Marky, Nicky Black Market, Shy FX, Fabio etc a blast now and again.

Really love UK Hip Hop. Mud Fam, Task Force, BrainTax, Rodney P, Mark B & Blade, Tommy Evans, Phi-Life Cypher, Ricochet Klashnekoff, Roots Manuva, Jehst etc. I'd recomend getting 'DJ Louis Slipperz £10 Bag' to anyone who fancies getting into UK Hip Hop. It's a great starting point. Got some big tunes on it.

Yes what a quality thread.

Like most Dnb still, fading away from liquid though. Dubstep is the future. Went to the last FWD at the End which totally changed my opinion on Dubstep. Best night of my life.

Being a student in Sheffield there are quality djs on every week, tomorrow night we got Marky and the Quemists with Jenna G live at the tuesday club. Last week was joker, plastician, kode 9. Have to face the inevitable 'sheep' who have started 'liking' dnb now artists like chase and status are getting radio 1 air play, and look at you funny when your having a rave, but the quality of acts which play there is worth it.

My favourite tune this year has been,[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpv9OCAj9VQ&feature=related]Nu:tone- System (M+F remix)

Oh yer, anyone subscribe to any dnb/dubstep podcasts? My favourites have to be Hospitals and Dubstep FMs

Big, I haven't really been massively embraced by Dubstep yet, but it's early doors still.

I didn't realise there were quite so many alternatives here good show, and to whoever mentioned the Prodigy, I heard their new single today, and I haven't like them for years, but I was bostin the robot like a good un to the new single.

And Mr Scruff too, big.

Anyone who like electronic music? Get on Nathan Fake, Xann from here introduced me, absolutely superb

And Boards Of Canada for those that like to get a chill on.

Nathan Fake is on Spotify to those that know.

Oh and those that like UK Hiphop...

Sway - This Is My Demo - Absolutely AWESOME album (rightly nominated for the Mercury Music Prize)

Sway - The Signature LP - Absolutely awful. He signed up to Akons label (the biggest clearing in the woods in music) and it sounds like he's produced the whole **** thing. I appreciate his lyrics, but not the beats man, **** awful.

And if anyone wants something a little different on the reggae front, check out Mishka, white rasta man, singing about trees and things. Nice man.

Also best Essential Mix is Alex Wolfenden, still haven't stopped listening to it and it's almost two years old.

Better then the 2nd High Contrast mix? SURELY YOU JEST?

And if you like essential mixes, there was a site knocking about once call something about a mixing bowl, I forget the exact name, was quite good for said mixes if I remember correctly

My favourite tune of last year:

Nu:Tone - Balaclava

Good shout. It's the opening track on the Future Sound of Cambridge 3 LP - Nu Tone, logistics, and The Commix. It's a class cd that will only set you back about 7 quid.

You can get some good free dnb through the Breakbeat.co.uk podcast and the Hospital podcast. Both get updated weekly, so you should be well stock with the new shit all the time.

If you like balaclava, try:

The Commix, be true

An Ambient one for you Trim (something else I like - Ambience)

Birmingham Frequencies - Biosphere and Higher Intelligence Agency

Its on Spotify I checked

Hahahaha

Pon it as we speak.

You know, the Playlists on Spotify can be shared and editted amongst members?

I might start a VT - Alternative one, if anyone else decides to get the greatest piece of software ever.

On the dubstep front I think it's much better live than to listen to at home. Some of it is very good but the quality control is awful and there's a lot of tripe out there. Doesn't come near DnB for me.

PatrickCousens wrote:

My favourite tune of last year:

Nu:Tone - Balaclava

Good shout. It's the opening track on the Future Sound of Cambridge 3 LP - Nu Tone, logistics, and The Commix. It's a class cd that will only set you back about 7 quid.

You can get some good free dnb through the Breakbeat.co.uk podcast and the Hospital podcast. Both get updated weekly, so you should be well stock with the new shit all the time.

If you like balaclava, try:

The Commix, be true

And if liquid is your thing

Yeah cheers man, I have those Commix tunes, big fan of them right now. I'm quite into that side of the scene at the moment; them, D Bridge, Klute etc. I'll sign up to those podcasts, ta.

Â