Confidence gauge : Result v Chel$ki

BOF

Pick a result  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a result

• Villa win
    • Draw
    • Chel$ki win

If fielding weakened teams in earlier games meant we were fitter and better rested for the Chel$ki game then yes it was worth it. The fact we didn't end up getting 3pts is immaterial because the illusion that resting players guarantees you a win in the big game is stupid. The fact is it will have given us a better chance in the bigger game.

but we never did rest one,MON did as a lot asked him to and played the best team he could

I go into tomorrow's game without any fingernails and I can't reach my toes. Not a good starting point.

Time for boxing gloves then. Stop you biting them.

Or a tramp's bottom. Works equally well.

As for the game, I think this is possibly one of the most unpredictable ones of the year. It's close, with a high standard deviation.

but we never did rest one,MON did as a lot asked him to and played the best team he could

I know Ian. I was explaining the reasoning behind Nick's hypothesis. The fact Nick's scenario didn't actually happen proves he's (successfully) winding you up.

I know Ian. I was explaining the reasoning behind Nick's hypothesis. The fact Nick's scenario didn't actually happen proves he's (successfully) winding you up.

isn;t a wind up post a MOD job eh Bri ??

I wait for Nick, but I seriously do not think it was a wind up

Well if his reasoning is that Guzan + a strong 10 = a weakened team and that it in some way has any bearing, positive or negative, on the Chel$ki result then I would need to have that explained to me because for me that was a strong 11 and if anything the fact that it wasn't weak means we could be tired going into the Chel$ki game.

So I'd ask, given that we didn't field a weak team, would defeat to Chel$ki prove that our attempt to progress in the UEFA Cup at the expense of Champions League qualification now looks absolutely totally f**king stupid? I'd say yes.

Let's enjoy the Chel$ki game tomorrow and deal with the point scoring tomorrow.

We can't keep second guessing ourselves though. MON plays who he thinks is right. We can't say "oh if we'd played this strength team it'd have been better". Every result is what it is and every team is what it is. Even the defeats motivate towards future wins. No one match can be taken in isolation. The only thing we can do is prioritise and hope against injury. It would be ridiculous on here if, after every defeat, people trawled through threads looking for people who wanted a strong team in the previous match etc etc.

I wanted a weak team in the UEFA. It didn't happen. I'm glad there were no injuries from it and I hope we're not knackered for Chel$ki. I don't think we will be and I wont be throwing jibes at people if we lose. I'd hope everyone else didn't throw any either.

A gauge of confidence?

I'm always confident going into any game, especially under Mon, otherwise to be honest with you it would take the gloss off going to the games if I expected a loss, no matter who we play.

At the end of the day we area top Premiership Club and before a ball has been kicked then we are certainly god enough to beat anybody. The game may pan out completely differently and after 30 mins I may not be so confident but, like I said previously, before a balls been kicked I believe this group of players we have in claret and blue have done enough to have the fans show belief in them. Anyone who doesn't is way too negative in my opinion.

I actually think we have a very good manager and team. I think they will be well motivated well disciplines and follow good tactics. Chelsea are a good team also, but I have a fair degree of optimism with the villa this season

I've got us down for a win, inexplicably, maybe, but thinking about winning makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. If I had the feelings of some in here, I'd probably be hanging from a noose about now. Be confident, it makes you live longer!

Â