The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Elysium - meh, 5/10

Have to agree, totally underwhelming plot and script. I found it more style than substance so found it disappointing.

when yer mans face gets blown off and reconstructed ...that was fairly cool

Edited by Meath_Villan

Watched Gravity last night for the first time, I thought it was really good and I bet it was even better in the cinema. Regret not going to see it when it was on now.

• Like 1

Snowpiercer - 8.5 out of 10 - best and most original sci fi film that has come out of hollywood in a long time (from the genius that is joon-ho bong). Such a shame that it has gone under the radar. Stars captain america's chris evans (finally makes a decent movie), billy elliot, and tilda swinton (the ugly biatch from the beach). It is about the last remaining humans that are on a non stop train ride seperated by the class system. I wont explain the concept to much as frankly I cant be arsed. However, this is a MUST SEE for any sci fi fans or any one who appreciates well made movies.

• Like 1

Snowpiercer - 8.5 out of 10 - best and most original sci fi film that has come out of hollywood in a long time (from the genius that is joon-ho bong). Such a shame that it has gone under the radar. Stars captain america's chris evans (finally makes a decent movie), billy elliot, and tilda swinton (the ugly biatch from the beach). It is about the last remaining humans that are on a non stop train ride seperated by the class system. I wont explain the concept to much as frankly I cant be arsed. However, this is a MUST SEE for any sci fi fans or any one who appreciates well made movies.

Definitely one of my films of the year so far.

Definitely one of my films of the year so far.

Certainly one of the films of the year along with Her, wolf of wall street and dallas buyers club. Havent seen a film quite like snowpiercer though. Hope it gets the cult following it deserves.

allIsLost_DVD_Poster.jpg?width=300&heigh

A gem of a film.

One of those movies where reading the synopsis you would think 'how will that be entertaining?' but it's just superb. Hats off to Redford for a excellent performance.

• Like 1

Watched The Secret Life of Walter Mitty and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was.

Well acted (and not at all over the top or too shmaltzy), great locations and a cracking soundtrack.

Yeah I thought it was much better than the trailers made it look. 

• Like 1

27wwole.png

I watched Snowpiercer - It reminded me of that one time, or maybe a few times as a mere child, with my socks rolled down like how the girls used to do them at school, I thought it was a good look but then I got bullied merclessly, so I rolled them back up again.  Maybe, had I not been born in the blitz, laying in that underground station, gas mask on face, with only 2 large port holes to look through, I'd have given it all up to be a bee keeper.

The train was really long in the film and I thought at one stage "Gee Whiz Mr, if I bought a ticket for that train and my carriage was near the other end of the train, how long would it take me to walk to my seat.  The answer to that question is 1 hour 39 minutes and 78 seconds.  Needless to say, I had a whale of a time.

When the guys where eating that black liqorice stuff, I thought it looked dead nice, like uncooked jelly mouldings, needless to say, the film had the last, hysterical laugh.  I laughed too after a few sombering moments mistakenly sat in a urinal, such was my distain at standing and urinating.

Then we walked up the carriage.  We walked and walked and walked.  It was like a walking marathon and I was happy to oblige Captain American Man with a doff of my cap.  Then he punched a guy in the chops and all hell broke loose.

When the train went through a tunnel I thought "That was good".

And then when the train came out the other side of the tunnel I thought "That was good".

Then some chinese man happened and kept rubbing a few stones together and I thought "That's good".

Then at the end of the film i was like "I'm OK with this".

And then I gave the film an almighty cheer, clapping my hands quicker than I could see them clapping.. I imagine it's like a humming birds wings would be like if it was running away from Thunderbird 2.

Once all the commotion has  ended I decided to give this film it's score.  9.5/10 - would never watch again. disgraceful from beginning to end, a true joy - said I.

Looking forward to the new Fincher movie Gone Girl. Latest trailer here:

http://youtu.be/iLPdwyJLWJE

Only negative for me would be Rosamund Pike who i've always found to be a little wooden, but i'm sure Fincher will make her shine.

• Like 2

Looking forward to the new Fincher movie Gone Girl. Latest trailer here:

http://youtu.be/iLPdwyJLWJE

Only negative for me would be Rosamund Pike who i've always found to be a little wooden, but i'm sure Fincher will make her shine.

Her acting is a bit meh but man she's adorable.

Â