The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Thing is shoul a proper trilogy be considered one that is written and always intended to be a trilogy? Or like toy story ones that only come about due to the success of the 1st film? And toy story films really are independant of each other, your enjoyment of 1 isnt dependant on watching another

Anyway nothing will ever beat star wars imo but i still absolutely love toy story and im still convinced its the most genius film pitch ever

Speaking of 12 Angry Men, I just watched Dog Day Afternoon which was also directed by Sidney Lument.

49810.1020.A.jpg

It's very very good, isnt it? Great script, some superb performances (Al Pacino especially) drama, comedy, some cracking dialogue. I'm disappointed I didnt see it years ago.

^^

Actually got both of those but only watched the one with Kurt Russell in

The other ones better! I actually got to see them both in the theater with all of the fake previews that came with it....it was awesome!!

Just watched "12 Angry Men" for the first time.

Brilliant........if you haven't seen it then you really must

One of my missions in life is to get everyone to see this film. Without doubt the best film ever made. I've rewatched it so many times and have analysed the many themes in it so many times over. I'll never get tired discussing this movie.

Just watched "12 Angry Men" for the first time.

Brilliant........if you haven't seen it then you really must

One of my missions in life is to get everyone to see this film. Without doubt the best film ever made. I've rewatched it so many times and have analysed the many themes in it so many times over. I'll never get tired discussing this movie.

That's one I always seem to forget to rent...gotta check it out

What he said. Yes, it really is that good.

Gerry the most boring film I've ever seen, I know it was only no. 49 on that list but still, I hated it.

Because it's directed by Gus Van Sant, the steaming pile of pretentious wankturd he is.

Yeah, I even invented a term to describe how much I loathe the **** and his body of work.

Good Will Hunting is alright though, but it was never his movie tbh.

Gerry the most boring film I've ever seen, I know it was only no. 49 on that list but still, I hated it.

Because it's directed by Gus Van Sant, the steaming pile of pretentious wankturd he is.

Yeah, I even invented a term to describe how much I loathe the **** and his body of work.

Good Will Hunting is alright though, but it was never his movie tbh.

I liked "Drugstore Cowboy" when it came out. I haven't seen it again since, so it may not have aged well...Kelly Lynch was smoking back then though...

New World moves VERY methodically, just like Thin Red Line....it has a dream like quality to it. I enjoyed both films, but don't think I'd like to watch them again.

It was Chindie, I've watched 39 of the 50 now so will likely watch the other 11.

Some people will hate The New World as it's like a very long dreamlike poem, the score is exceptional and he uses images of nature better than The Thin Red Line.

I must say I think The New World could be better than excetional, could well be a masterpiece. Must see it again in the next year to see if it leaves the same impact.

Â