The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

and, like me, you attempt to negate the existence of the terrible AvP films

So it's not OK to think the original AvP was a decent concept then? and by extension a decent (for it what it was) watch? OK then :oops:

It was a decent concept, one that the excellent Dark Horse comic series had alerady come up with back in the '90s. I was quite chuffed that they wanted to do a film that drew on that series, but for me it just failed to deliver. I'll admit that it's nowhere near as bad as the second AvP (or even Alien: Resurrection), I just hoped it would have been so much more.

I'm holding out high hopes for the Alien prequel though, especially if (as rumoured) the mythos behind the Space Jockey from the first Alien film is going to be explored.

The aforementioned Dark House comics have all been re-released as omnibus volumes, and are well worth a read.

GN1576.jpg

I know most people would say Tenebrae, but this is Argentos best movie imo.

41GH8PKRXXL.jpg

The dialogue is a little clunky now, as is some of the acting, and the story arc is reasonably predictable, but having watched this again last night I can safely say most horror fans would still find this worth a watch mostly down to it's superb cinematography (the colour scheme and set design was based on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs of all things), it's downright creepiness and a couple of (for the time) very violent murder scenes.

Watched The Fountain this evening. Wow. I thought it was awesome. Beautiful to look at, moving and thought-provoking. Criminally underrated. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Yeah [REC] is a good horror flick. And she's a tasty lead :thumb: Or should I say she's thethethe scorchio !

Agreed, one of the better recent horror films, much better than the American remake too (Quarantine).

Â