The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

i liked it too, was meant to be a trilogy IIRC but havent seen anything of the next one

has anyone seen saint john of las vegas? i like steve buscemi and the concept of him playing a gambling addict sent to vegas seems a great one

saint_john_of_las_vegas.jpg

Just watched Wes Andersons 'The Fantastic Mr Fox' - brilliant (and quirky) animation and a very different take on the childrens book.

This isn't a childrens or indeed a family film - it's hard to finger who the film is aimed at!!!

Worth a look though!

Not that i am one to shamelessly promote but can i suggest?

http://fresh.snowboardermag.com/videos/stance-the-full-film/ :-D

Good friends, good times!

You should probably avoid this film.

Oh no! I had to jump off one (only about 25 feet of the ground though) when it started smoking but that would just plain suck lol

With a few days without World Cup action, I've returned to my growing pile of films I haven't yet watched. Recent notables are both fairly well known but no less worthy of recommendation for it.

51HF6J9CJ4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51P73WAVFKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I got "Fear and loathing..." about a week ago. Still haven't seen it but it's been recommended so many times now by different people that I will as soon as there is time for it.

Great remake...

invasion_of_the_body_snatchers_1978_jpg_jpg.jpg

Hadn't seen it for years but it still retains much of the foreboding menace and downright creepiness that it had all those years ago.

Airplane is simply the best film ever made.

The Hangover, Anchorman, Hot Rod and Happy Gilmore are great as well.

Great remake...

invasion_of_the_body_snatchers_1978_jpg_jpg.jpg

Hadn't seen it for years but it still retains much of the foreboding menace and downright creepiness that it had all those years ago.

Love it.

Been some bloody awful remakes of it as well, a certain Daniel Craig one springs to mind!

I'm a sucker for although not entirely connected to the above... post apocalyptic films.

So much so i own the little known aussie flick The Quiet Earth,

quiet.jpg

Not sure whether i would recommend it though :lol:

moon_movie.jpg

Though I'm a sucker for anything with Sam Rockwell in it. Hugely under-rated character actor now beginning to get some exposure with decent roles. It's quite a slow atmospheric film so if you have a short attention span it's probably one to avoid.

Â