The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Has anyone seen 'No Surrender' recently?

It's about a double booked gangland Scouse nightclub.

Haven't seen it for years.

Here's a bit...

You can immediately tell its a Bleasedale movie, most of the cast of Boys From THe Blackstuff are in it!

I saw "Brothers" last night.

Pretty good film, I'd recommend it.

However, if you've seen the trailer, don't bother, because it basically gives away the entire story. I was expecting a twist as surely they couldn't tell the whole story in the trailer?

Nope.

I imagine it's one of those films that if you watch it knowing nothing about it, it would make it 10 times better.

I watched it the other night, not having seen the trailer beforehand either. To be honest the story is a bit weak, I could tell exactly what was going to happen as soon as the dudes brother comes into play. Not a bad movie but wasn't quite there imo.

ive got a few films to watch.

Ive just watched alice in wonderland-not bad, pretty much what i was expecting.

watching the wolfman at the moment only just started so i cant comment on it yet

and ive got green zone, clash of the titans and daybreakers to watch

oh and saw 3, 4 and 5

The film has probably been mentioned in here somewhere, but I watched Shutter Island over the weekend, and wow! Fantastic film!

Certainly recommend it to anyone!

you should read the book - absolutely quality!

Just watched Shutter Island myself. It's good, well made as you'd expect from Scorsese and generally good fun however...

SPOILERS

...I worried when I saw the trailer for it that it had the most predictable plot imaginable. It does. You can guess exactly where it's going from the word go. If you've watched the trailer, you don't even need to guess, you already know. I hoped that that plot was going to be a red herring for something a bit more original. It's made a good film a bit of a let down for me. I'd still recommend it but any film with that thriller/mystery vibe keeps you guessing and needs to to work, and this being so predictable loses some of the pay off for me.

/SPOILERS

The film has probably been mentioned in here somewhere, but I watched Shutter Island over the weekend, and wow! Fantastic film!

Certainly recommend it to anyone!

Good, now I'll order it in a few minutes. :nod:

Can anyone recommend me a good thriller to watch? Something with a few twists and turns, my favourite types of films, only i've not seen all that many...

Seen the big ones like Usual Suspects etc...

Any "underground" ones out there?

Can anyone recommend me a good thriller to watch? Something with a few twists and turns, my favourite types of films, only i've not seen all that many...

Seen the big ones like Usual Suspects etc...

Any "underground" ones out there?

irreversible.jpg

What's that? :lol:

Will give Mulholland Drive a go!

Nice one!!!

A couple I've enjoyed recently are Angel Heart and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

If you do watch Mulholland Drive, I'll warn you, if you want something with a definitive plot, and a definite meaning and ending... you ain't gonna like it.

But if you're ok with something that'll make you really have to consider whats going on and keeps you going down different routes, it's brilliant. I watched it with a mate earlier this year and while wathcing it we had about 5 different theories to what was going on as we watched, and I still couldn't tell you now what it's actually about with no doubt whatsoever.

But regardless... it's class. Wiki describes it as a 'neo-noir psychological thriller', which is pretty accurate.

Â