The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Can anyone recommend me a good horror?

[rec] - a corking Spanish 'zombie' flick - v v good

or

The Orphanage - a chiller more than a horror but a sublime piece of film.

Very good indeed. I also liked Paranormal actrivity, as I mentioned earlier in this thread. :nod:

Seen this already, thought it was ok, nothing special.

Can anyone recommend me a good horror?

[rec] - a corking Spanish 'zombie' flick - v v good

or

The Orphanage - a chiller more than a horror but a sublime piece of film.

Very good indeed. I also liked Paranormal actrivity, as I mentioned earlier in this thread. :nod:

Seen this already, thought it was ok, nothing special.

Which one have you seen???

Went to see 'Bad Lieutenant' at the weekend. I would recommend seeing it for Nicolas Cage's performance alone. I'm not a big fan of him, however he seems to be getting back into his groove as of late. I also thought he was good in 'Kick-Ass'.

Anyway, back to 'Bad Lieutenant'. The film itself is very strange at times and very offensive in parts. I went from being amused at some parts to being completely baffled at others. For some reason though, it just works. It's a crazy film and I'm sure some will hate it, whilst others will take to it. It really is an odd one to get your head around though.

I think I sit in the middle of the two camps, being that I found it to be good, yet nothing special. I would recommend it as it is certainly worth a watch. Be prepared for a weird film though...

Regarding Bad Lieutenant, I think it's easily Cage's best character study since Leaving Las Vegas. It just goes to show what a decent director (albeit a slightly unhinged one in Herzog) can do for a flagging career.

Hopefully the reports about Cage becoming Herzogs new 'muse' are true. If anyone is familiar with his work with the late, great Klaus Kinski then this can only be a good thing.

Watched this last night, and would recommend.

UnthinkablePoster.jpg

yes yes oh yay

just watched this myself and thought it was **** good man

not heart stoppingly brilliant but still very good

not a big budget thing just a good old watch me enjoy me i'm only 90 minutes long

none of this lets throw in as much cgi as possible and make it 3 and a half hours long

Watched lord of war last night - serioulsy underated film

Also recommend The Prestige - modern classic that not many people have seen for some reason despite the director and actors involved

Been up the West End today and saw Robin Hood

a different take on it and to some extents it was just Kingdom of Heaven moved from the Holy Land to Virginia water lake ,removing the historical liberties that were taken any film where the French get a slapping can't be bad so it's worth seeing

Â