The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

stayed up past my bedtime to watch Man on Fire last night ... few scenes seemed determined to give me epilepsy but another decent film from Denzil ... though I still think Fallen is his best one

stayed up past my bedtime to watch Man on Fire last night ... few scenes seemed determined to give me epilepsy but another decent film from Denzil ... though I still think Fallen is his best one

Nah, Remember the titans, with Fallen as a close 2nd. :nod:

... though I still think Fallen is his best one

Devil in a Blue Dress for me Tony. He's fantastic it that.

not heard of that one , will have to check it out

How ironic. Just posted this in general chat:

"'A River Runs Through It' is on Film 4 tonight at 635 (and 735 on Film 4+1). Basically, nothing much happens really, but it's a magical, magical film. The story of two brothers growing up. My second favourite film after Star Wars."

I have watched a couple of films this week.

2147571201.jpg

Three and Out. I knew it was supposed to be bad, but nothing prepared me for just how awful it actually is. Obviously the subject matter is something I have an interest in (which may mean that some of the glaring plot holes are likely to piss me off even more!) and they did film a scene at my work (the Liverpool Lime Street scene was actually shot on platform 3 at London Marylebone) but I cannot recommend it to anybody. Avoid avoid avoid avoid.

zombielandharrelson.jpg

Zombieland on the other hand is absolutely fantastic. One of the best comedies I have seen in a long time.

Can anyone recommend me a good horror?

[rec] - a corking Spanish 'zombie' flick - v v good

or

The Orphanage - a chiller more than a horror but a sublime piece of film.

Very good indeed. I also liked Paranormal actrivity, as I mentioned earlier in this thread. :nod:

Can anyone recommend me a good horror?

[rec] - a corking Spanish 'zombie' flick - v v good

or

The Orphanage - a chiller more than a horror but a sublime piece of film.

[rec] 2 is out this week.

I also liked Paranormal actrivity

I read last night that this is the biggest profit making film of all time ?? ... Mad Max being the previous record holder

I also liked Paranormal actrivity

I read last night that this is the biggest profit making film of all time ?? ... Mad Max being the previous record holder

Wouldn't surprise me. The budget for it must have been very low. I think there were 4 actors and I think they only used a hand camera. No real effects either. Sounds like a good film? :P

I saw "Brothers" last night.

Pretty good film, I'd recommend it.

However, if you've seen the trailer, don't bother, because it basically gives away the entire story. I was expecting a twist as surely they couldn't tell the whole story in the trailer?

Nope.

I imagine it's one of those films that if you watch it knowing nothing about it, it would make it 10 times better.

Â