The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Saw Amadeus the other night

I watched it for the first time a few months back ...quite enjoyed it ... Would suggest you try and aquire "Copying Beethoven" if you like this sort of film ... Ed Harris puts in a fine performance and I thought it a slightly better film than Amadeus

The Human Centipede looks set to raise a few eyebrows.

Trailer

Is this the sickest film ever made?

IT'S being hailed as one of the most twisted, stomach-churning movies of all time which has sent American cinemagoers reaching for the sick bag

The Human Centipede features a depraved storyline about a psychopathic German surgeon who drugs his victims before surgically joining them together, mouth to backside, in order to create a human centipede.

And now British movie fans are bracing themselves for the forthcoming release of ultimate video nasty.

Gore ... violent doc

The horror is said to be so gross that cinemagoers have been racing out of US screenings to be sick - and reviewers are warning audiences not to eat before seeing the film.

Many of the actresses who auditioned for the gore fest refused to have anything to do with the film and walked out in disgust when they got a look at the full script.

But the sadistic and vile scenes of humans being stitched together in the doctor's cellar - after the surgeon's earlier failed attempt to do the same with dogs - are proving the film's big selling point.

Clips from the film have been a YouTube sensation, with the trailer alone racking up 1.4million views. Screenings in Los Angeles have also sold out.

Bad taste ... film has caused controversy

Such has been the repulsion and fascination with the film on horror websites that audiences in US cities where the movie isn't being shown have won the right to have the movie beamed into their own homes.

In an unusual move, the low-budget, high-gore film is now available on pay-per-view television right across America while still on limited release in cinemas.

In a few months time, the movie is set for release in Britain - so long as it doesn't get banned first.

The buzz surrounding the film has led to several UK companies competing for the rights to release it later this year.

The film's Dutch writer-director Tom Six, said: "It's a very sick idea but I knew it was something that people would talk about."

He decided to make the villain German after learning about sick Nazi medical experiments carried out after their invasion of the Netherlands in World War II.

German actor Dieter Laser plays twisted surgeon Dr Heiter and creates one of the most memorable and evil villains in cinema history.

A real surgeon advised the moviemakers during filming and the movie's poster boasts that the procedures shown in The Human Centipede are "100 per cent medically accurate".

Meanwhile the twisted flick looks set to become a lucrative new horror franchise with The Human Centipede 2 already in production.

Saw Amadeus the other night

I watched it for the first time a few months back ...quite enjoyed it ... Would suggest you try and aquire "Copying Beethoven" if you like this sort of film ... Ed Harris puts in a fine performance and I thought it a slightly better film than Amadeus

That one is running on one of the movie channels I have. May as well look out for it and see if it's shown on a time when I can watch it, then.

I'll recommend 'A Perfect Getaway' with Steve Zahn, Milla Jovevic and Timothy Oliphant.

Nice and easy going, pretty well acted and a decent plot - definately enjoyable with a few bottles of Brahma!

I'll recommend 'A Perfect Getaway' with Steve Zahn, Milla Jovevic and Timothy Oliphant.

Nice and easy going, pretty well acted and a decent plot - definately enjoyable with a few bottles of Brahma!

I watched that at the weekend. Wasn't a bad piece of turn-your-brain-off nonsense.

Recommending this as much for the DVD extras as the movie itself. The film is a fairly interesting study on the male psyche, specifically about an obnoxious womaniser and his motives/tactics/shallowness.

The extras are a film geeks dream though as they contain:

- Actors commentary (fairly standard stuff)

- Director/cinematographer commentary (where they go into detail about how they composed various elements of the film from a technical standpoint)

- Dissection of one key scene

- "Featurette" interviews with director, composer, producer, etc.

Dylan Kidd is the first-time director and has obviously gone to a lot of trouble to explain the film-making process and it's a genuinely fascinating watch.

Anyway, the movie in question:

51M6DDF706L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

There's a good chance this has already been mentioned in the thread but Pontypool is well worth checking out. Watched it myself last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. A unique take on the zombie genre and genuinely chilling at times.

Not a new one at all, but I watched Sin City again yesterday. First time I saw it I thought it was decent, but nothing special. 2nd time, though, I thought it was great. Awesome movie. I've heard there's a 2nd coming up. Can anyone confirm this?

Not a new one at all, but I watched Sin City again yesterday. First time I saw it I thought it was decent, but nothing special. 2nd time, though, I thought it was great. Awesome movie. I've heard there's a 2nd coming up. Can anyone confirm this?

Must dig that one out again at some point. I really didn't like it when it first came out but I think my tastes have changed a lot since then so it's got to be worth a second viewing.

Saw The Losers last night on a pretty decent stream (UK release next week) .

A bit daft and cheesy at times but it was fun and I enjoyed it immensely. A Popcorn action/comedy flick .

Cast

Latino dude

Guy who played The Comedian in Watchmen

Johnny Blaze from Fantastic 4

Blue chick from Avatar

Fella out of The Wire and Luther

One of the kids who got bummed in Sleepers

Someone else

f2izps.jpg

Â