The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

this weekend I have the following

Friends With Benefits - totally expecting this to be cheesy and too chick-flick for me but at least it has both Mila Kunis and Emma Stone for me to look at!

We Need To Talk About Kevin - don't know what to expect really (except it won't be a fast moving film!)

Friends With Benefits - totally expecting this to be cheesy and too chick-flick for me but at least it has both Mila Kunis and Emma Stone for me to look at!

Pleasantly surprised by this, didn't find it cheesy at all, actually quite funny and Kunis looks darn tootin' all the way through!

Pleasantly surprised by this, didn't find it cheesy at all, actually quite funny and Kunis looks darn tootin' all the way through!

righto - cheers for the positive opinion!!!!

Just watched "The Tree of Life"

What a strange strange film. Not strange as in freaky or bizarre, just strange as in I don't think I've seen anything like it before.

I don't even know if I liked it. I enjoyed it, and I think I "got it", but I feel quite unsatisfied by it now it's over.

Another good thing about the Avengers film is that it shows that a film could be made with Apocalypse in it. The effects are good enough and the time is right. Do it Marvel! Get those X-Men film rights back and throw Apocalypse in there. Or just make an origins film of Apocalypse (the Rise of Apocalypse comics would do).

It would not surprise me if Marvel didn't have the rights to Apocalypse.

And they're never getting the X-Men rights back, nor Spiderman. They're both money makers and the studios are not going to give them up easily. They'll churn out films once in a while, make small profits and spin onto another.

We Need To Talk About Kevin - don't know what to expect really (except it won't be a fast moving film!)

I'll take it from that that you haven't read the book mate? You're in for a treat anyway. Absolutely flawless movie adaptation (very rare imo). Tilda Swinton is magnificent.

Looking forward to watching The Innocents on Bluray tomorrow night.

I've seen various adaptations of Henry James Turn of the Screw (Colin Firth version, Lynn Redgrave version and ofc The Others was highly influenced by it) but The Innocents is supposedly the cream of the crop.

the-innocents-blu_0.jpg

Just watched "The Tree of Life"

What a strange strange film. Not strange as in freaky or bizarre, just strange as in I don't think I've seen anything like it before.

I don't even know if I liked it. I enjoyed it, and I think I "got it", but I feel quite unsatisfied by it now it's over.

I don't know how you got through it.

I managed 40 minutes before I took it off.

One of the worst films I've ever seen.

One of my best mates went on a 15 minute long rant about the Tree of Life once when we were talking about movies over some beers. His main criticism was that it was one of the most pretentious pieces of twaddle he'd ever seen.

Have anyone seen Hysteria and/or New years eve? Read about them and thought that they might be quite entertaining.

Watched Drive the other day. Excellent film, I have to give you that Gosling is very good. Quiet and sometimes really brutal. He doesn't show any mercy in the elevator, sts. :)

Have anyone seen Hysteria and/or New years eve? Read about them and thought that they might be quite entertaining.

Havent seen Hysteria yet (although Maggie G + a story about vibrators might be interesting) but a couple of friends have seen NYE and thought it was quote 'one of the biggest piles of shit ever'. :)

By the way the 3D was the worst I've seen in a film, I don't know wether it was the screen I was watching it on or the film, but I think the 2D version would be better.

Havent seen Hysteria yet (although Maggie G + a story about vibrators might be interesting) but a couple of friends have seen NYE and thought it was quote 'one of the biggest piles of shit ever'. :)

Well, I think that's that then, I won't buy it. :)

Yeah, thought the story in Hysteria sounded, hm, interesting... :)

Cheers: :thumb:

Just got round to watching the remake of 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo'. Very good i have to say!

Rooney Mara - even with all that shit in her face and a daft haircut - she'd deffo get it!

Damn straight. Previous to that film I would not have found a goth girl with lots of piercings and weird hair hot. Now, my horizions have been somewhat opened.

Â