The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Put me in the they were funny right up until the point Fat bastard appeared category 

some great moments across the 3 films though  , I still use the line "That's not a woman, that's a man "  (in my best AP impression) if I'm out with mates and one of them is chatting up a hound 

Liz Hurley makes up for everything including FB. Nathan Lane cameo in Goldmember is underrated too imo.

24 minutes ago, useless said:

ab61c623e6a931a593c423a1588d5092.gif

A Woman Under the Influence - Good movie, I loved Gena Rowlands performance and character.

A devastating watch, a very tough role handled brilliantly by GR.

a recommendation for you if not already seen - The Children's Hour 1961

• Like 1

Cant believe no one has mentioned the sad passing of Sydney Poitier. A great innings from a great actor. Him and Stieger were electric in "The Heat of The Night ", "Please Sir " was another film where he gave a wonderful performance. Such a dignified man, his like are rare today, trust me. RIP, Mr Poitier, you were a legend. 

• Like 1

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Cant believe no one has mentioned the sad passing of Sydney Poitier. A great innings from a great actor. Him and Stieger were electric in "The Heat of The Night ", "Please Sir " was another film where he gave a wonderful performance. Such a dignified man, his like are rare today, trust me. RIP, Mr Poitier, you were a legend. 

VT Deadpool.

12 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Don’t Look Up Was very enjoyable, some hilarious moments (launch challenge or whatever it was called), plus a bit of Bon Iver at the end. Credit scene was great.

Great mid credits scene but I think I quite like the idea of the one they didn't film.

Spoiler

Where they realised they only had billionaire's on the planet and nobody to actually do anything like build houses and realise how helpless/worthless they all are. 

• Like 1

Another fan of the Austin Powers trilogy. Well, the first two anyway. Although Goldmember did have the 'mole' scene :lol:

Genuinely laugh out loud films for me. 

• Like 1

On 07/01/2022 at 23:05, Designer1 said:

Really enjoyed The Lost Daughter.

Watched it tonight. 

I thought it was good, but not great. 
However, Colman’s performance was fantastic. Worth watching for that alone

That Oscar was no fluke

• Like 2

Â