The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

zbvGbnOniU53SucXxfqpWXOH05X.jpg?format=j

Looney Tunes Back in Action - Lots of funny moments, I especially loved Daffy, the human actors did a good job of joining in with the fun as well.

YNC53RL53RMJXPRKHZXNAHJ7SI.jpg

The Lost Daughter - Not bad bad, worth watching, promising debut from Maggie Gyllenhaal.

Taipei+story4.jpg

Taipei Story - Liked it a lot.

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think at the time with my age and and maturity the way that film clicked its the funniest film I've ever seen 

I love the silly spoof comedies from that era. Must have watched Hot Shots 1 & 2 50 times each.

The Naked Gun ones are OK but the o'l Police Squad TV-series is fantastic.Top Secret is equally silly.

• Like 1

Struggling with nomadland

I think I get it and the way they've done it with real people or at least seemingly real people is cool and mcdormand is obviously excellent... But at the same time its a bit boring a lacking any kind of story or direction 

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Struggling with nomadland

I think I get it and the way they've done it with real people or at least seemingly real people is cool and mcdormand is obviously excellent... But at the same time its a bit boring a lacking any kind of story or direction 

It’s beautiful shot but I get what you mean. There is minimal plot and/or dialogue but it somehow works.

it was almost a documentary. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

The Lost Daughter - Not bad bad, worth watching, promising debut from Maggie Gyllenhaal.

Watched this tonight. Very good work. Colman could shine in almost anything. 

It's remarkable that of the main trio in the Potter films, the most talented actor of the lot is the one with the worst career. How Radcliffe has a career I don't know - he's bloody awful.

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Nah, first one was genius, second was absolutely middling, third was dismal.

Yeah I think that's the general concensus, but not for us, we love them all. Endless quotable lines of pure let it all hang out idiocy. Splendid.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yeah I think that's the general concensus, but not for us, we love them all. Endless quotable lines of pure let it all hang out idiocy. Splendid.

Fair. I'm irrationally angered by the 'fat bastard' character to be honest. About as funny as a funeral. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Fair. I'm irrationally angered by the 'fat bastard' character to be honest. About as funny as a funeral. 

Being overweight and from north of the border, I don't see your anger as being irrational in any way. 

• Like 1

After seeing someone on here give a shout out to Shot Caller on Netflix, I finally got round to watching it. Decent film actually. A good mix of prison violence, white power gang members, shanking and using your anus to smuggle stuff into the jailhouse. Deffo recommend.

16 hours ago, useless said:

This was just weird. The plus points were all Olivia Colman, but you could put her in anything. The film itself, and the lack of a payoff for me were quite annoying. The film stuck with me afterwards, but only because I got more annoyed the more I thought about how I expected/hoped it would be better.

18 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

All 3 are still super funny to this day, gutted he didn't carry on with it. 

Put me in the they were funny right up until the point Fat bastard appeared category 

some great moments across the 3 films though  , I still use the line "That's not a woman, that's a man "  (in my best AP impression) if I'm out with mates and one of them is chatting up a hound 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Genie said:

Just watching that Harry Potter 20 years on thing, the main 3 are absolutely insufferable.

All those Sky channels and yet you chose to watch it .. 

giphy.gif

Â