The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

55 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I'm looking for a film and I don't think I'm typing the right words into Google. So, I'm hoping the Scandinavian contingent on here can help me.

There is a woman who sort of wages a one woman war against the government with just a bow and arrow. She shoots down electricity pylons and the drones the government send after her. There's very little dialogue and it has a very low budget feel about it but it was excellently done. 

Anyone help?

Is it

Kona fer í stríð  (Woman at War) ???

Kona fer í stríð - Wikipedia, frjálsa alfræðiritið

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 8pints said:

Is it

Kona fer í stríð  (Woman at War) ???

Kona fer í stríð - Wikipedia, frjálsa alfræðiritið

Damnit, I was just about to enjoyed a bit of detective work hunting this down. Found some real gems over the years whilst hunting for something else.

Never seen, will do now though, cheers Mr8

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

This one lines up for the weekend. It's Icelandic so at least will be visually good.

Billings Events Calendar for October 26, 2021 - Billings, MT Patch

Yep, seen its available on the open seas, I've followed Ms Rapace's career since Lisbeth Salander, sadly quite a few misses, poor agent or choices, she's better than most of the projects she's chosen.

• Like 1

On 28/10/2021 at 10:33, villa4europe said:

In which Buzz Lightyear time warps to 1986 in order to become a Jedi Master.

Seriously, can't anyone make a scifi film without endless "hilarious" references to other famous franchises.

3 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

In which Buzz Lightyear time warps to 1986 in order to become a Jedi Master.

Seriously, can't anyone make a scifi film without endless "hilarious" references to other famous franchises.

Admittedly I haven't dissected the trailer but I didn't see that. 

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

His latest the Wrath of Man well worth a watch 👍

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

It started off very much a 'Stath' special but after around the 30-40 minute mark it turned into something much darker and entertaining.

• Like 1

Going through the Brosnan Bonds at the mo, he really is a great Bond let down by awful scripts. Have watched Goldeneye, TND & TWINE over the last week or so. Goldeneye is still great even now, the other two are enjoyable romps and fwiw I actually thought the longer vehicle chases and overall slower pace of TWINE worked in its favour, it just needed less of the innuendo and tiring sexist one liners. Now it’s Die Another Days turn tonight. I’ve actually never seen it so quite looking forward to it in a weird train wreck way. 

Edited by Ingram85

35 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Going through the Brosnan Bonds at the mo, he really is a great Bond let down by awful scripts. Have watched Goldeneye, TND & TWINE over the last week or so. Goldeneye is still great even now, the other two are enjoyable romps and fwiw I actually thought the longer vehicle chases and overall slower pace of TWINE worked in its favour, it just needed less of the innuendo and tiring sexist one liners. Now it’s Die Another Days turn tonight. I’ve actually never seen it so quite looking forward to it in a weird train wreck way. 

I did exactly the same last week. Goldeneye is just my favourite Bond full stop. 

I'd completely forgotten that John Cleese was Q, as well.

Die Another Day is an absolute car crash of a film.

Brosnan was a very good Bond, but he's hampered by a 1 in 4 record on the film front. Goldeneye is brilliant, overcomes any weirdness and odd tone (it's strange Soviet era stuff in a post Cold War world, and the weird score) with aplomb. And then he gets a fairly dull take on a good idea in Tomorrow Never Dies, a modern rehash of Goldfinger with some appalling casting and fairly dull action in The World Is Not Enough, and then an absolute clanger in Die Another Day which nearly kills the franchise with horrific CGI, awful plot (which is Problematic in some ways in today's climate), dreadful trend chasing and dumb beyond the worst extravagances of the Moore era but without the camp to level it out. Even Brosnan himself looks like he can't be arsed with it.

I can remember coming out of the cinema with a mate after die another day and just laughing and were both big bond fans, the kite surfing stuff is the absolute rock bottom of bond 

The CGI wasn't good at the time so I can imagine it's aged horrifically 

Brosnan did that strange thing of relaunching the franchise and then nearly killing it, he wasn't necessarily a bad bond but he has shit films, much like DC who for me is competing with Brosnan for worst bond films ever but at least DC has a couple near the top end too, I don't even think goldeneye is that good... Its somewhere in the middle of the pack when ranking them for me

I think they set DC up to be the best bond but then didn't really develop him or go anywhere with him to make him the best, he's ended up not as good as connery and behind bother connery and Moore for quality of films for me 

Still not seen the new one though 

Saw "Dune" on Friday, first time we've been to a cinema since Aquaman.

Yes, Aquaman...spot the link...obviously my wife's choice. The demise of certain character(s) did not make her happy.

I thought it was a pretty decent movie, if a bit Star-wars in places (and I detest Star warszzz).

Just now, rjw63 said:

Saw "Dune" on Friday, first time we've been to a cinema since Aquaman.

Yes, Aquaman...spot the link...obviously my wife's choice. The demise of certain character(s) did not make her happy.

I thought it was a pretty decent movie, if a bit Star-wars in places (and I detest Star warszzz).

Dune came first. Star Wars borrows a lot from Dune

• Like 1

Â