The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

18 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Another Batman movie? I must be getting old. 

They're going to make a new one every two years for the next millenium.

And at the end of that, they still won't have made as many Batman movies as the other lot have made Spiderman movies.

49 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

And at the end of that, they still won't have made as many Batman movies as the other lot have made Spiderman movies.

Does this not make 8 movies each? Or am I forgetting some? 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I’ve never watched a Spider-Man movie!

But it certainly seems like they are going to make a Batman movie and a marvel comic movie every month until the end of time. Has every trope been used up?

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

I’ve never watched a Spider-Man movie!

But it certainly seems like they are going to make a Batman movie and a marvel comic movie every month until the end of time. Has every trope been used up?

Not been a proper romantic one yet 

Other than that... I do think marvel think they've struck gold with the comedy elements running though their films and now push it too hard, take winter soldier for example, that was almost close to a political thriller, they should have stuck to that, instead every film now feels the same 

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Other than that... I do think marvel think they've struck gold with the comedy elements running though their films and now push it too hard, take winter soldier for example, that was almost close to a political thriller, they should have stuck to that, instead every film now feels the same 

I have no idea what you're talking about ! :D

The new Dune movie was pretty solid, would not call it a masterpiece or anything but a nice Sunday movie.

The visuals were good but it felt a bit rushed and the baddies were underdeveloped and the world not expanded or explained enough.

Think I like the 1984 version better tbh. Those characters and actors were more memorable.

Still only the first part and I'll be looking forward to the next one.

3 hours ago, sne said:

The new Dune movie was pretty solid, would not call it a masterpiece or anything but a nice Sunday movie.

The visuals were good but it felt a bit rushed and the baddies were underdeveloped and the world not expanded or explained enough.

Think I like the 1984 version better tbh. Those characters and actors were more memorable.

Still only the first part and I'll be looking forward to the next one.

interesting take thanks, personally i hope i disagree with you when i go and see it, because i hated the 1984 version!, although i actually quite liked the Children of Dune mini series with James McAvoy.

I am a huge huge huuuuge fan of the Dune novels, so i was pinning my hopes on this being something special and a truly classic adaptation of the books, from what i have seen in trailers etc i thought the visuals etc looked amazing.

I will soon see i suppose!

As you say, the film is only part one, so we basically have a whole other movie (hopefully) to do over two movies more than what the 1984 version did....will be interesting to see how part 1 and 2 develop the story, and whether it lives up to it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MaVilla said:

interesting take thanks, personally i hope i disagree with you when i go and see it, because i hated the 1984 version!, although i actually quite liked the Children of Dune mini series with James McAvoy.

I am a huge huge huuuuge fan of the Dune novels, so i was pinning my hopes on this being something special and a truly classic adaptation of the books, from what i have seen in trailers etc i thought the visuals etc looked amazing.

I will soon see i suppose!

As you say, the film is only part one, so we basically have a whole other movie (hopefully) to do over two movies more than what the 1984 version did....will be interesting to see how part 1 and 2 develop the story, and whether it lives up to it.

As a movie this is no doubt better than the 84 one (also thought the mini series was OK) but as I said I liked the characters from the 84 movie better.

I've not read the novels but I expect this movie is more faithful.

I thought "No Time To Die" was pretty **** good as far as Bind films go to be honest.

A million times better than the borefest of Spectre and a good way for Daniel Craig to sign off. I think it's cemented his title as best Bond ever. 3 good films out of 5.

Far better than I expected

• Like 3

18 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The difference is there have actually been 3 really good Batman films.

Spiderman are yet to produce one. Actually that's not true, the animated one was fantastic

Increasingly I'd argue there's been some good films that happen to feature a character called Batman, but there's not been a film that really captures much of what Batman in the comics is. They all get elements of it, but none really quite nail everything.

In fact the closest has been the animated version, which nailed more more consistently than any of them. But none of the live action versions have followed that lead.

On 09/10/2021 at 09:08, sne said:

Nice to see Tim Blake Nelson getting a lead role, great actor. It's getting rather good reviews too so on my list for the weekend.

Old Henry | Bild 1 von 1 | Moviepilot.de

I watched this earlier. A great piece of work. Top performances, atmospheric score and it all just felt right for want of a better word. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I watched this earlier. A great piece of work. Top performances, atmospheric score and it all just felt right for want of a better word. 

Agree, loved this. Almost a role he was born to play and Stephen Dorff seems to be aging well too and becoming a fine actor. Great film 

• Like 1

Unable to sleep and late at night (early morning to be precise), I watched a Bruce Willis film named Cosmic Sin recently.

Now I’ve seen my fair share of shit movies, B-movies that intended to be a bit shit included but this one really topped the charts on utter shite.

I cannot believe it was commissioned and then released. Ordinarily you’d advise anyone to steer clear but in this case, seeing is believing and you just have to watch it to appreciate the utter ineptness of it all.

• Like 1

Â