The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

On 13/10/2021 at 02:28, omariqy said:

Planning on watching the new Bond movie in a couple of weeks but want to watch the ones before again

Well pick which one you think is the worst (I thought they were good) and give the new one a miss. The worst one will be ten times better than the new one.

Interestingly the Daniel Craig Bond movies were routinely showed/rerun on tele in my bit of Canada.

Halloween Kills was absolutely fantastic, even better than the first one. Hated it got delayed from last year but well worth the wait, theater was jam packed also. Not gonna spoil it for those yet to see it but let us just say it ended very nicely in setting up the third one that comes out next year.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Halloween Kills was absolutely fantastic, even better than the first one. Hated it got delayed from last year but well worth the wait, theater was jam packed also. Not gonna spoil it for those yet to see it but let us just say it ended very nicely in setting up the third one that comes out next year.

Found this floating in the sea last night, looking forward to watching it tonight, thought the first one was great.

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Found this floating in the sea last night, looking forward to watching it tonight, thought the first one was great.

A quick question Mr Silvers does the quality of some of the things you find on the sea vary greatly? 

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

A quick question Mr Silvers does the quality of some of the things you find on the sea vary greatly? 

No, I'm a picky old git, 720p minimum for me.

I remember getting old of a VHS double bootleg of cobra and commando on one tape over 30 years ago, barely able to watch it, worst copies ever, watched it about 10 times though, absolutely marvellous, I've grown out of that impatience now and would rather wait and not spoil it. 

I download all mine, never stream.

What you finding quality wise?

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

No, I'm a picky old git, 720p minimum for me.

I remember getting old of a VHS double bootleg of cobra and commando on one tape over 30 years ago, barely able to watch it, worst copies ever, watched it about 10 times though, absolutely marvellous, I've grown out of that impatience now and would rather wait and not spoil it. 

I download all mine, never stream.

What you finding quality wise?

Some of the new releases are bang on but others like the new bond film Seem to be shot through a camera 

2 hours ago, Big Salad said:

Good to hear, we rewatched Halloween (classic) and Halloween 2018 this week in preparation for tomorrow's cinema visit to see Kills. Really looking forward to it. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Genie said:

Very late to the party on this one but watched the departed last night, it was good but not as good as I expected for some reason.

Love Mark Wahlberg in it! 

• Like 2

Warner have released a bunch of stuff today as part of their 'DC Fandome' event.

Worth watching for Pierce Brosnan sounding incredibly insincere about how great this project is.

Burton's Batman was cool.

I haven't watched Gunn's Suicide Squad, so shrug.

I'll watch a second Aquaman. Should have sacked Heard though.

Shrug. Shazam was fun, but I kinda don't need more of it. Nothing here makes me want more of it.

The problem I just don't trust DC to make a good film

The trailer can look cool, the cast can be great, the concept can be great, the villains and characters can be great... And then the film is a rushed out mish mash of ideas that's overly gloomy with a shite soundtrack and a final 3rd that's your typical superhero film... But don't worry cos there's a director's cut that makes it more watchable, not good, just more watchable 

• Like 1

The Batman cast is amazing, Zoe Kravitz looks good enough to eat🙄

RB is a better actor than given credit for, this looks dark, which I like the idea of, we've had camp, so why not have it dark and serious. Fear same as Villa4europe though, DC just cant put it all together most times. Matt Reeves quite competent though, high hopes.

Smooth Talk (1985) - Starts of like a typical teenage coming of age movie but then in  the last half an hour turns into something else, Laura Dern was only eighteen when it was filmed but you coud already tell she was a very good actress.

27 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

The Batman cast is amazing, Zoe Kravitz looks good enough to eat🙄

RB is a better actor than given credit for, this looks dark, which I like the idea of, we've had camp, so why not have it dark and serious. Fear same as Villa4europe though, DC just cant put it all together most times. Matt Reeves quite competent though, high hopes.

If they are better films than the Nolan trilogy it will be excellent but that is the bar for Batman

• Like 1

Â