The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i'd love idris elba just to annoy the racists

when it was rumored recently the amount of outcry was incredible

Agreed.

i think a female would probably be too far. Not because I have anything against women :D just because I think that makes it fundamentally a different character. it works with a character like the Doctor, but not sure it would work with Bond.

But no issue with it being Idris or another person of colour

• Like 1

Possible new James Bond - I personally love the franchise/character and think Daniel Craig has brought it back to life. 

Idris would have been a very good option but age is against him now I think.  You want someone who can potentially do 3 or 4 films, which could span over 10 years or more. In view of this, it really needs to be played by someone under 40.

The favourites are possibly Tom Hardy or Rege-Jean Page. Either would be decent.

However, I think Richard Madden would be a fantastic choice, primarily because Sean Connery was my favourite Bond and with both being Scottish, it brings that link back to the role. 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

I think they will go box office and try bag Tom Hardy. Richard Madden maybe but is he a big enough name.

I'd like them to stay in keeping with the original vision, another gender or colour is the trend and we are finally seeing people treated fairly and have a chance at jobs they never would have once upon a time and that's brilliant but just come up with another character, a modern bond called who ever, there is a whole world out there for other double OO's. I personally, right or wrong, want James to be as in the books.

Stalham funny, Elba too limited for me, I like him in some things and it's just going through the motions in others. 

OO4 Will Ferrell, yes please.

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Possible new James Bond - I personally love the franchise/character and think Daniel Craig has brought it back to life. 

Idris would have been a very good option but age is against him now I think.  You want someone who can potentially do 3 or 4 films, which could span over 10 years or more. In view of of this, it really needs to be played by someone under 40.

The favourites are possibly Tom Hardy or Rege-Jean Page. Either would be decent.

However, I think Richard Madden be a fantastic choice, primarily because Sean Connery was my favourite Bond and both are from Scottish, bringing that link back to the role. 

Ha, just beat me to it, James was about! 40 years old.

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Agreed.

i think a female would probably be too far. Not because I have anything against women :D just because I think that makes it fundamentally a different character. it works with a character like the Doctor, but not sure it would work with Bond.

But no issue with it being Idris or another person of colour

there's no reason a female wouldn't work unless they shoehorned her into the 007 code with no explanation. if they provided justification as to why 'jane bond' has acquired the 007 spy code then it could work

Just now, theboyangel said:

I wonder if they’d consider Tom Hiddleston?

Not my first choice but he was very good in the Night Manager, which was a similar espionage caper. 

Maybe Scott whatisname? Fella from Sutton 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

there's no reason a female wouldn't work unless they shoehorned her into the 007 code with no explanation. if they provided justification as to why 'jane bond' has acquired the 007 spy code then it could work

Nah, would not work

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

A spin off franchise maybe 🤔 

Always wondered why they never explored the whole 00 world, might devalue bond maybe, its something I grew up with, Connery was my Bond and whilst I like them all,.some more than others, Connery is my hope and vision of what Bond should be.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I think that would work as a spin off or something but I just think it makes it a film about someone else.

Bond's appearance doesn't REALLY matter. But so many of his traits are male (both positives and negatives) that I think it supposedly being the same person wouldn't really work.

I guess this a spoiler but not a big one, but I've read somewhere that 

Spoiler

supposedly the black "bond girl" in this film is the new 007. She's not James Bond, but she takes up that "code". Not sure how legit that is

Edited by Stevo985

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

They should just stop making Bond films and have a different idea. 

(that said I think I will see this one in the cinema as the family want to go, but I don't expect to enjoy it much) 

Basically where I am. If Bond stopped after this and never existed I wouldn't mind at all. But I'll still watch them when they're out

• Like 1

Â