The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

• VT Supporter
6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Agreed, it's brilliant. Have you seen The Housemaid? 

In other news, watched Rossellini's "Journey to Italy" (1954) last night. Pretty good film, but with a weak ending. 

Her performance, his voice, that Bentley, its good but lacks emotion.

• Like 1

Last year I watched La Cérémonie, which reminded me quite a lot of Parasite, and googling the two together reveals that the former was indeed an an influence on the latter... Claude Chabrol, a French mater of crime films, was also a big influence, particularly his films ‘La Cérémonie’ and ‘The Beast Must Die.'” 

• Like 1

• VT Supporter
12 minutes ago, useless said:

Last year I watched La Cérémonie, which reminded me quite a lot of Parasite, and googling the two together reveals that the former was indeed an an influence on the latter... Claude Chabrol, a French mater of crime films, was also a big influence, particularly his films ‘La Cérémonie’ and ‘The Beast Must Die.'” 

I can't remember watching a modern film that hasn't stolen something from a classic.

• Like 2

• VT Supporter
1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Her performance, his voice, that Bentley, its good but lacks emotion.

I think the lack of emotion was deliberate. Perhaps that was the whole point of the final scene being less than believable. 

I really love postwar Italian cinema. 

• Like 1

The Turin Horse I liked it, filmed in such a way to keep you watching even though not much happens... World on a Wire Science fiction film directed by Rainer Fassbinder from 1973, apparently an influence on the Matrix as has a similar premise involving simulated realities, I liked it, interesting storyline that makes you think and very well shot... Don't Look Now I liked it better than I was expecting,  well put together film that stays on your mind after it's finished.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

Anyone see the Fear Street trilogy on Netflix? Watched them last night and thought were nicely done.Had their 'teen' moments but overall I thought were nicely done horror/suspense movies. Some good twists also and the leading actress(See below) is absolutely gorgeous.

Kiana Madeira - LezWatch.TV

• Like 4

• VT Supporter
3 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Anyone see the Fear Street trilogy on Netflix? Watched them last night and thought were nicely done.Had their 'teen' moments but overall I thought were nicely done horror/suspense movies. Some good twists also and the leading actress(See below) is absolutely gorgeous.

Yes very enjoyable and I was impressed by how the final movie wrapped up the story in the first.

• Like 2

• VT Supporter
13 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Good Lord.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big Salad said:

image.png.2c6ccc8550c7ef3fa399cfc090274ae9.png

• Haha 2

• VT Supporter

Whilst not a big fan of Daniel Craig as Bond, I will be going cinema to watch No time to die.

Who do we think the new Bond will be? It's a different world now, I'm expecting a surprise but I'd love someone in keeping with Flemings vision. It will probably be Whoopi Goldberg.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Whilst not a big fan of Daniel Craig as Bond, I will be going cinema to watch No time to die.

Who do we think the new Bond will be? It's a different world now, I'm expecting a surprise but I'd love someone in keeping with Flemings vision. It will probably be Whoopi Goldberg.

I still think Idris Elba would be a good choice. he always seems to be linked with it though and it never seems to be an obvious choice so it'll probably be someone fairly random.

I love Craig as Bond. I think he's great. But I thought Spectre was absolutely shit so I'm finding it hard to look forward to No Time to Die. I'm not a huge Bond fan anyway so it's all a bit meh this time around for me

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I still think Idris Elba would be a good choice. he always seems to be linked with it though and it never seems to be an obvious choice so it'll probably be someone fairly random.

I love Craig as Bond. I think he's great. But I thought Spectre was absolutely shit so I'm finding it hard to look forward to No Time to Die. I'm not a huge Bond fan anyway so it's all a bit meh this time around for me

i'd love idris elba just to annoy the racists

when it was rumored recently the amount of outcry was incredible

• Like 2

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â