The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Agreed, it's brilliant. Have you seen The Housemaid? 

In other news, watched Rossellini's "Journey to Italy" (1954) last night. Pretty good film, but with a weak ending. 

Her performance, his voice, that Bentley, its good but lacks emotion.

• Like 1

Last year I watched La Cérémonie, which reminded me quite a lot of Parasite, and googling the two together reveals that the former was indeed an an influence on the latter... Claude Chabrol, a French mater of crime films, was also a big influence, particularly his films ‘La Cérémonie’ and ‘The Beast Must Die.'” 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Last year I watched La Cérémonie, which reminded me quite a lot of Parasite, and googling the two together reveals that the former was indeed an an influence on the latter... Claude Chabrol, a French mater of crime films, was also a big influence, particularly his films ‘La Cérémonie’ and ‘The Beast Must Die.'” 

I can't remember watching a modern film that hasn't stolen something from a classic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Her performance, his voice, that Bentley, its good but lacks emotion.

I think the lack of emotion was deliberate. Perhaps that was the whole point of the final scene being less than believable. 

I really love postwar Italian cinema. 

• Like 1

The Turin Horse I liked it, filmed in such a way to keep you watching even though not much happens... World on a Wire Science fiction film directed by Rainer Fassbinder from 1973, apparently an influence on the Matrix as has a similar premise involving simulated realities, I liked it, interesting storyline that makes you think and very well shot... Don't Look Now I liked it better than I was expecting,  well put together film that stays on your mind after it's finished.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

Anyone see the Fear Street trilogy on Netflix? Watched them last night and thought were nicely done.Had their 'teen' moments but overall I thought were nicely done horror/suspense movies. Some good twists also and the leading actress(See below) is absolutely gorgeous.

Kiana Madeira - LezWatch.TV

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Anyone see the Fear Street trilogy on Netflix? Watched them last night and thought were nicely done.Had their 'teen' moments but overall I thought were nicely done horror/suspense movies. Some good twists also and the leading actress(See below) is absolutely gorgeous.

Yes very enjoyable and I was impressed by how the final movie wrapped up the story in the first.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Good Lord.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big Salad said:

image.png.2c6ccc8550c7ef3fa399cfc090274ae9.png

• Haha 2

Whilst not a big fan of Daniel Craig as Bond, I will be going cinema to watch No time to die.

Who do we think the new Bond will be? It's a different world now, I'm expecting a surprise but I'd love someone in keeping with Flemings vision. It will probably be Whoopi Goldberg.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Whilst not a big fan of Daniel Craig as Bond, I will be going cinema to watch No time to die.

Who do we think the new Bond will be? It's a different world now, I'm expecting a surprise but I'd love someone in keeping with Flemings vision. It will probably be Whoopi Goldberg.

I still think Idris Elba would be a good choice. he always seems to be linked with it though and it never seems to be an obvious choice so it'll probably be someone fairly random.

I love Craig as Bond. I think he's great. But I thought Spectre was absolutely shit so I'm finding it hard to look forward to No Time to Die. I'm not a huge Bond fan anyway so it's all a bit meh this time around for me

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I still think Idris Elba would be a good choice. he always seems to be linked with it though and it never seems to be an obvious choice so it'll probably be someone fairly random.

I love Craig as Bond. I think he's great. But I thought Spectre was absolutely shit so I'm finding it hard to look forward to No Time to Die. I'm not a huge Bond fan anyway so it's all a bit meh this time around for me

i'd love idris elba just to annoy the racists

when it was rumored recently the amount of outcry was incredible

• Like 2

Â