The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

And while we're on the subject of bad US comedies and Tom Green it would be amiss not to mention Freddie Got Fingered.

There's no doubt it's terrible but it came out when me and friends were about 16/17 so we found it hilarious and I can still quote the hell of it.

Tiny salmon swimming upstream

Tiny salmon chasing the impossible dream

Wait that's road trip...

Edited by fightoffyour

Got 3 trips to the cinema booked in this week.

Malignant tomorrow night. I know more or less nothing about it but the trailer was on last week before Candyman and it intrigued me.

Then Friday I've got a double header of Ghost in the Shell (the original, in IMAX) and A Clockwork Orange (which I've never actually seen)

Making good use of the Unlimited card

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Then Friday I've got a double header of Ghost in the Shell (the original, in IMAX) and A Clockwork Orange (which I've never actually seen)

I'd be very interested on your opinion of A Clockwork Orange if you've never seen it before. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Got 3 trips to the cinema booked in this week.

Malignant tomorrow night. I know more or less nothing about it but the trailer was on last week before Candyman and it intrigued me.

Loved Malignant but would imagine not everyone's cup of tea

57 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Just re subbed mine at Odeon - very surprised to see the price has gone down to £9.99 a month! - It's a no brainer for that much.

Surprised you haven't seen A Clockwork Orange before - For me it's a masterpiece and still stands up well today so it'll be interesting to see what you think of it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

I'd be very interested on your opinion of A Clockwork Orange if you've never seen it before. 

20 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Surprised you haven't seen A Clockwork Orange before - For me it's a masterpiece and still stands up well today so it'll be interesting to see what you think of it.

Yeah it's just one of those blind spots you get where you've somehow managed to avoid seeing it despite knowing it's a classic. Noticed Cineworld were showing it as a 4K remaster conveniently straight after Ghost in the Shell so thought why not.

21 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Just re subbed mine at Odeon - very surprised to see the price has gone down to £9.99 a month! - It's a no brainer for that much.

Jesus that's an absolute bargain. Mine is £18.50 (apparently Resorts World is classed as a top tier Cineworld venue or something). But it's a 5-10 minute drive and a single ticket there is about £13 so I only have to go twice a month and it's worth it.

Really enjoying it so far, and now totally at ease with going to the cinema on my own

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Jesus that's an absolute bargain. Mine is £18.50 (apparently Resorts World is classed as a top tier Cineworld venue or something). But it's a 5-10 minute drive and a single ticket there is about £13 so I only have to go twice a month and it's worth it.

Really enjoying it so far, and now totally at ease with going to the cinema on my own

Just a 2 minute walk indoors from the car park as well. My go to cinema 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tinker said:

Just a 2 minute walk indoors from the car park as well. My go to cinema 

Yep!

Although despite going there for the last couple of years I only recently realised you could walk straight from the car park to the cinema.

I was previously taking the lift all the way to the ground floor and then walking through resorts world and up again to the cinema :D 

• Shocked 1

Will re-watch Spielberg's thriller Munich tonight, or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow as it's 10pm already. Based on the Israeli government's secret retaliation against the Palestine Liberation Organization after the Munich massacre at the 1972 Summer Olympics.

Really good film, I don't often seek out films, especially not to re-watch, but this one from memory at least is worth the watch!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Will re-watch Spielberg's thriller Munich tonight, or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow as it's 10pm already. Based on the Israeli government's secret retaliation against the Palestine Liberation Organization after the Munich massacre at the 1972 Summer Olympics.

Really good film, I don't often seek out films, especially not to re-watch, but this one from memory at least is worth the watch!

Really like this film. Excellent cast and performances. Not a major part but I really liked Geoffrey Rush in this, fine actor.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Really like this film. Excellent cast and performances. Not a major part but I really liked Geoffrey Rush in this, fine actor.

I shouted at him in the street one time, "HEY GEOFFREY!!" he spun around, and I waived. He smiled and waived back. Good man. 

• Haha 1

Finally got round to watching King of the Monsters today. Loved the first reboot Godzilla film, was a big fan of it but put watching this off as heard it was a bit plop.

I need to stop reading reviews I think as I loved it from start to end. Big grin throughout. It’s bonkers. The scene where Mothra unfurls her wings is beautiful. The big diorama shot of the 4 titans in battle at the end at night was amazing, such a cool shot. Such daft fun. Will have to get round to watching Godzilla V Kong soon as well. 

I get (I think) why these films aren’t for everyone but I’ve loved both films I’ve watched so far. I just want to see giant cool monsters beating each other up, a lot of action, a bit of lore and history building. It’s great.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Finally got round to watching King of the Monsters today. Loved the first reboot Godzilla film, was a big fan of it but put watching this off as heard it was a bit plop.

I need to stop reading reviews I think as I loved it from start to end. Big grin throughout. It’s bonkers. The scene where Mothra unfurls her wings is beautiful. The big diorama shot of the 4 titans in battle at the end at night was amazing, such a cool shot. Such daft fun. Will have to get round to watching Godzilla V Kong soon as well. 

I get (I think) why these films aren’t for everyone but I’ve loved both films I’ve watched so far. I just want to see giant cool monsters beating each other up, a lot of action, a bit of lore and history building. It’s great.

That's it, as long as you do not go in expecting citizen kane and just enjoy them for what they are, you will be entertained. Godzilla vs Kong was great silly fun.

• Like 2

Â