The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

On 10/01/2017 at 22:05, TheAuthority said:

"Brazil" is a great movie to continue the sci-fi theme.

I have to admit this I think is the most underrated movie I have seen ... especially on a big screen. Saw it when it first came out in the 80s. 

It's a blend of 1984 and Monty Python meets Heath Robinson.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

I have to admit this I think is the most underrated movie I have seen ... especially on a big screen. Saw it when it first came out in the 80s. 

It's a blend of 1984 and Monty Python meets Heath Robinson.. 

Thanks for resurrecting a post from 2017 ! :) 

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

One thing that annoys me about BTTF is how **** stupid Marty is about being in the past/future. Yeah I know it's a film and it's being done to explain to the viewer who people are. But he's constantly going "Oh my god it's you. You're so and so" and then the person looks confused because they haven't become that person yet.

"You're Goldie Wilson, you're the mayor!"

No. You're in the past. You know you're in the past. You've already got over that hurdle of comprehending what has happened. That guy doesn't know he's the mayor in 30 years

well actually goldie wilson hadn't considered being major until marty suggested it...marty put the idea in his head. marty's visit to the past plays a significant part in future (present) events, even inspiring his parents to name him

whilst it sounded silly, it was very relevant to the story

so there 😛

16 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

well actually goldie wilson hadn't considered being major until marty suggested it...marty put the idea in his head. marty's visit to the past plays a significant part in future (present) events, even inspiring his parents to name him

whilst it sounded silly, it was very relevant to the story

so there 😛

I know that but it's beside the point. It's how Marty reacts to people in the past. Constantly referencing stuff they did in the future. I know it's deliberate to let the viewer know who these characters are, but it still annoys me :) 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Xela said:

Superbad 

I'm gonna say it - one of the best comedy movies of the last 25 years. Superb. 

Thanks for the reminder. A film I can just stick on to gurantee a laugh.

Sure you will... - GIF on Imgur

• Like 2

On 22/07/2021 at 13:29, Wainy316 said:

BttF2 slots in with Terminator 2 and Aliens as a rare case of a sequel surpassing the original.

And all three have brilliant originals.

I can't agree with any of those except Terminator 2. The first BTTF is an all-all-timer and the 2nd is really good but doesn't touch it. Alien is definitely a better film than Aliens but Aliens is an easier watch. 

Btw I think Alien-Aliens might be the biggest genre shift i can think of between a film and its direct sequel

On 22/07/2021 at 17:33, Xela said:

BTTF - 9/10

BTTF2 - 9.5/10

BTTF3 - 5/10

I need @Ingram85 to show his workings out on how he reached his outrageous verdict on BTTF2! :) 

My child self would completly agree with this. 

My adult self would give 3 a higher score, and put 1 above 2.

I think it's a really good trilogy which ever way you slice it. 

I wonder which trilogies I prefer, thinking about it? LOTR, Trois Couleurs, Vengeance, Star Wars original, Alien, Evil Dead, Indiana Jones, Toy Story...I was going to say BttF is one of the best trilogies ever, but perhaps not. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hogso said:

I wonder which trilogies I prefer, thinking about it? LOTR, Trois Couleurs, Vengeance, Star Wars original, Alien, Evil Dead, Indiana Jones, Toy Story...I was going to say BttF is one of the best trilogies ever, but perhaps not. 

Bourne trilogy for me.

Almost perfection. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

Bourne Trilogy suffers from the fact that 2 and 3 re-tread (pun not intended) so much of Identity 

Get some rest @theunderstudy, you look tired... 

Â