The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

I hate all movies of a similar profile to this one. Brain dead, violent rubbish.

Agree, anyone who thinks that Brazil player was onside after the overhead kick obviously does not understand the rules of the game and for that reason I am out 

The Fear Street trilogy on Netflix was passable young adult slasher entertainment, not read the books so can't compare.

Kinda mixes all the usual story lines so it's as far away from original as you can get. You get a bit of Scream, Friday the 13th and some Salem witches type stuff and so on.

They are of pretty similar quality so overall maybe a 5.5/10 for the trilogy. 

Fear Street Part One: 1994 - WikipediaFear Street, Part Two - 1978 teaser poster.pngFear Street, Part Three - 1666 teaser poster.png

• Like 2

The new Space Jam movie starring LeBron James is getting absolutely slaughtered, apparently it's almost Cats levels of terrible :D 

Currently sits on 3.6/10 on IMDB but that might partly be because people don't like LeBron but the reviews I've seen has not been kind.

On a separate note I just found 2 Korean disaster movies I've not seen so well chuffed about that.

Ashfall - Movies on Google PlayThe Tower (2012) - IMDb

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Spamming the thread (pun intended) but the new Nicolas Cage movie Pig is available on the high seas now. It's getting amazing reviews and the trailer looked really good. 

It's about a man and his beloved truffle pig, and as mentioned it's starring Nic Cage. I have so high hopes about this one

Pig poster.jpeg

Edited by sne

13 hours ago, sne said:

Spamming the thread (pun intended) but the new Nicolas Cage movie Pig is available on the high seas now. It's getting amazing reviews and the trailer looked really good. 

It's about a man and his beloved truffle pig, and as mentioned it's starring Nic Cage. I have so high hopes about this one

Please let us know if a film about Nicholas Cage trying to find his lost pig is any good!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Watched Pig.

Great performance from the lead. An unusual and entertaining story. Won't say much as most will not have seen it yet.

Solid 8/10

Plan on watching it tonight. I've always felt that Cage has been criminally underrated as an actor. Raising Arizona is in my top ten favorite movies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big Salad said:

Plan on watching it tonight. I've always felt that Cage has been criminally underrated as an actor. Raising Arizona is in my top ten favorite movies.

He really is a very good actor. This is one of his "actor projects" and not one of the hell yeah entertainers..... and for the budget it looks great too. It's not fast but its a good'un.

• Like 1

Was very bored last night and ended up watching a couple of old films/favourites of mine - Duel and Westworld. 70’s classics for me.

Both have that tension in a film, without the need for gore and guts. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Was very bored last night and ended up watching a couple of old films/favourites of mine - Duel and Westworld. 70’s classics for me.

Both have that tension in a film, without the need for gore and guts. 

Haven't seen Westworld, but Duel is great.

• Like 1

So it's Jeff Bezoz that owns IMDB, did not know that but will keep in mind when checking the score on future Amazon productions.

Edited by sne
  • Shocked 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

So it's Jeff Bezoz that owns IMDB, did not know that but will keep in mind when checking the score on future Amazon productions.

I was a big fan of imdb back in the 90s and was a bit pissed off then they sold out, 98 or 99, dont remember. "Why the hell did they sold out to that soon to be bust bookstore?" 😬

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tegis said:

I was a big fan of imdb back in the 90s and was a bit pissed off then they sold out, 98 or 99, dont remember. "Why the hell did they sold out to that soon to be bust bookstore?" 😬

The message boards were ace. Such a shame that money fck it up, the reviews these days a ridiculous, pro amazon or bad bot reviews for the enemy.

• Like 3

On the subject of having slowed down cover versions of old hits in trailers and movies. Apparently it's called trailercore and yeah, I still hate it.

Long read in the link.

A sad, slowed-down breakdown of trailercore

Anyone who’s watched a trailer for basically any genre of movie over the past 10 years or so — from horror and action to serious dramas — has probably encountered the “trailercore” phenomenon. Basically, it’s when a movie trailer uses a cover version of a familiar song that’s been slowed down and stripped back, with added emotional emphasis to the lyrics, usually overlaying them with darker meaning. Oh, and the song is usually a nauseatingly on-the-nose match for some basic idea in the movie’s premise: Pink Floyd’s “Eclipse” in the Dune trailer“I’ve Got No Strings” for Avengers: Age of Ultron“Crazy” in the Birdman trailer, or “I Started a Joke” for Suicide Squad, to name just a handful. Usually, the trailer starts off with a score that builds up to the drop of the song, where viewers are meant to make the connection and experience a moment of shock and awe. But after a decade of this technique, it’s become harder to get that kind of strong reaction...

https://www.polygon.com/22574251/movie-trailer-cover-songs-artists

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, sne said:

On the subject of having slowed down cover versions of old hits in trailers and movies. Apparently it's called trailercore and yeah, I still hate it.

Long read in the link.

https://www.polygon.com/22574251/movie-trailer-cover-songs-artists

One of the circles of hell is just being forced to listen to that, on a loop, forever.

• Like 1

Â