The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Back from a Quiet Place II

I wasn’t a huge fan of the first film , but it was decent enough that I didn’t mind watching the sequel … I actually think the second film is better , few strange plot moments that don’t make a lot of sense or fully get explained ( Hello QP III ) but yep enjoyed it 

• Like 1

On 03/06/2021 at 22:01, tonyh29 said:

Back from a Quiet Place II

I wasn’t a huge fan of the first film , but it was decent enough that I didn’t mind watching the sequel … I actually think the second film is better , few strange plot moments that don’t make a lot of sense or fully get explained ( Hello QP III ) but yep enjoyed it 

Thanks. I saw it Saturday night off this review. Really good and fully agreed with the opinion.

• Thanks 1

Watched the corridor crew on YouTube talk about army of the deads special effects

The actress who played the helicopter pilot wasn't in the original film...they filmed the whole thing with a different actress, then reshot it with the new actress alone on green screen and added her in

Incredible 

9 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

There was **** terrible action film on Croatian tv last night called Accident Man. I think you’ll love it @Follyfoot.

Is that the one where all the assassins use the same pub? A couple of ex SAS /Navy Seals kill his ex wife who was a lesbian

Edited by Follyfoot

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Is that the one where all the assassins use the same pub? A couple of ex SAS /Navy Seals kill his ex wife who was a lesbian

Yeah, and the main character starts as a 12 year old Harry Potter looking nerd to a beefed up Channing Tatum between scenes 

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Yeah, and the main character starts as a 12 year old Harry Potter looking nerd to a beefed up Channing Tatum between scenes 

Scott Adkins  mate, he comes from Sutton Coldfield and is one of us 👍I like the fight he has with that bloke in the flat with the meat cleaver🤣🤣🤣great film

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Funny i thought you got the wrong guy, cause I clicked on Martyn Ford on IMDB and he was born in Staffordshire too

Yes, I think he has been in lots of other films with Scott Adkins as well, I think he was in the last undisputed film? Interestingly he is meant to be having a cage fight with that Iranian bloke who looks like the hulk, Ford that is

6 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Yes, I think he has been in lots of other films with Scott Adkins as well, I think he was in the last undisputed film? Interestingly he is meant to be having a cage fight with that Iranian bloke who looks like the hulk, Ford that is

Cant find any football affiliation of Ford 

Renoir (2012) Beautifully filmed study of the last days of the painter's life. I didn't realise the film director Jean Renoir was his son. If the thought of an arty French film with subtitles doesn't appeal, there's always the fact that the rather beautiful female lead spends much of her screen time with her kit off. 

Infinite, Mark Walhbergs new film 

I like the premise, reincarnation with the skills from the previous life carrying over so he's got like all kinds of samurai skills and languages etc 

But it's garbage, not even Chiwetel Ejiofor is any good in it, not only the direction they take the film in (boring, clichéd and nonsensical) but on top of that the action stuff isn't very good and other than the samurai they also don't really use any previous life skills 

Edit - I should add Walhberg is shite, complete one tone, emotionless boring character 

Edited by villa4europe

Luca, pixars new film

I would say the story was pretty weak but the charm was through the roof and the art style and visuals were fantastic, not many nods to adults watching it but still felt like the usual pixar formula 

Its well worth a watch, I'd say better than onward maybe better than soul not as good as coco

Â