The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont think a movie has had more undeserved hype than the Snyder cut of the Justice League. I bet its as crap as the original

I bet it's as crap as Batman vs Superman. Who directed that again? 

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont think a movie has had more undeserved hype than the Snyder cut of the Justice League. I bet its as crap as the original

Unless they are going to cut it with Infinity War I don't see how you salvage anything from that film.

he cant save it, it has too many problems, will probably watch it out of curiosity though, saw the original once and thought it was garbage (but still better than batman vs superman)

i dont even like the look and sound of it, the cinematography doesn't work for me and again not as bad as BvsS but the sound was bad

i saw the trailer and thought the colour palette used whilst hallelujah gets murdered and we see the joker in shoe horned in to it via a dream sequence...not a **** chance will it be better

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Justice League was an incoherent, unfinished dogshit sandwich of a film and no matter what tinkering tools you have at your disposal, you simply cannot polish a turd 💩 

i dont think he is polishing it

i think he's putting equally offensive on the eye glitter all over it

• Haha 1

I'm trying not to be a dick about not liking comic movies, and as I say they clearly bring joy to millions, so that's all fine. And clearly it is *possible* to make them look good; I didn't watch Black Panther, but I saw the trailer and some clips and it looked great, like a really inviting universe to spend time in.

So how is it possible to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on a film, and these are the quality of the images you're using to promote it?

zack-snyder-justice-league-1598133214.pn

justice_league_snyder_cut_cliffhanger_16

ZS_JusticeLeague_HBO1-1920x1218.jpg

People standing around staring into muddy brown CGI backgrounds, that look like nothing nature has ever produced. 300 was also one of the aesthetically *ugliest* films I've ever seen - actually probably number 1 on that list - and this is all the same palette.

• Like 2

I totally get why people aren't but I am actually looking forward to the Snyder cut! I do genuinely think it will be better than the original. I actually quite like the original and Batman Vs Superman for that matter. 4 hours is a bit much though 

• Like 1

On 28/02/2021 at 06:24, theboyangel said:

Another bit of praise for I Care A Lot, very darkly humoured and well acted.

Watched it last night. We rated it as the worst movie we've ever seen. Reveals its total implausibility slowly and steadily so there was only 15 minutes left when we turned it off. By that time it was unbearable tosh. Check out the IMDB reviews, and save yourself the pain.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm trying not to be a dick about not liking comic movies, and as I say they clearly bring joy to millions, so that's all fine. And clearly it is *possible* to make them look good; I didn't watch Black Panther, but I saw the trailer and some clips and it looked great, like a really inviting universe to spend time in.

So how is it possible to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on a film, and these are the quality of the images you're using to promote it?

zack-snyder-justice-league-1598133214.pn

justice_league_snyder_cut_cliffhanger_16

ZS_JusticeLeague_HBO1-1920x1218.jpg

People standing around staring into muddy brown CGI backgrounds, that look like nothing nature has ever produced. 300 was also one of the aesthetically *ugliest* films I've ever seen - actually probably number 1 on that list - and this is all the same palette.

thats exactly what i mean, i dont like the aesthetic of the film, the cinematography or the colour palette, he cant fix that

same with the music, its way over the top and detracts from the film rather than adding to it because it feels silly, he cant fix that either

I really enjoy most of the MCU films. People in capes fighting against CGI with a standard formula story and at least one deus ex machina thrown in yeah but they look good and are acted well.

The only film from the other lot I've seen is the latest Wonder Woman. That was pretty good. I tried watching Batman vs Superman when I was tense and nervous on the plane back from Florida and it sent me to sleep. Quite a feat.

2 hours ago, saturdaygig said:

Watched it last night. We rated it as the worst movie we've ever seen. Reveals its total implausibility slowly and steadily so there was only 15 minutes left when we turned it off. By that time it was unbearable tosh. Check out the IMDB reviews, and save yourself the pain.

Horses for courses I suppose.

We really enjoyed it - strange for such a bad film, Rosamund Pike picked up a Golden Globe for it last night. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

I totally get why people aren't but I am actually looking forward to the Snyder cut! I do genuinely think it will be better than the original. I actually quite like the original and Batman Vs Superman for that matter. 4 hours is a bit much though 

It probably cant be worse but my point was the hype has been going on for 5 years or so that he had this brilliant cut he made yet have been reshoots since. It will probably be a better movie but you would imagine the producers could have spent the money elsewhere

Enjoyed the Dig last night, although never has a sub-plot been more pointlessly tacked on. I can't imagine anyone gives a shit about

the lily james johnny flynn element as much as I like both as screen presences. It was just so bizarre how clearly detached that storyline seemed to be from the main bit.

Apparently it was in the historical novel the film was taken from, but it feels so artificially added on. 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

It probably cant be worse but my point was the hype has been going on for 5 years or so that he had this brilliant cut he made yet have been reshoots since. It will probably be a better movie but you would imagine the producers could have spent the money elsewhere

Yeh I know what you mean. I’m pretty sick of hearing about it now myself 

On 02/03/2021 at 07:55, villa4europe said:

he cant save it, it has too many problems, will probably watch it out of curiosity though, saw the original once and thought it was garbage (but still better than batman vs superman)

i dont even like the look and sound of it, the cinematography doesn't work for me and again not as bad as BvsS but the sound was bad

i saw the trailer and thought the colour palette used whilst hallelujah gets murdered and we see the joker in shoe horned in to it via a dream sequence...not a **** chance will it be better

I found BvS a bad, mildly entertaining, film. I thought Justice League committed the worst film crime in being boring as well as awful. I would rather watch BvS 100 times before I watch Justice League once more.

I'm sure the Snyder version can't be any worse than the theatrical release, it's probably not possible, but I have no desire to hunt it down.

Having implemented  a new approach of not reading reviews before watching a film, we gave ‘Capone’ a go. 

I wish I’d read the reviews.

Hardy was good, the film was not.  

Â