The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

10 hours ago, Hornso said:

Re-watched Hot Fuzz recently. Such an enjoyable watch. My favourite of the Cornetto Trilogy.

Equally love Shaun Of The Dead and Hot Fuzz but only sat through the last one once and didn’t overly rate it. 

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Equally love Shaun Of The Dead and Hot Fuzz but only sat through the last one once and didn’t overly rate it. 

The Worlds End was great up until the big reveal. 

It would have been better staying as a movie about mates meeting up after a long time and not getting supernatural. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Xela said:

The Worlds End was great up until the big reveal. 

It would have been better staying as a movie about mates meeting up after a long time and not getting supernatural. 

Agreed. one of those movies that I started watching and thought "Dunno why everyone hates on this film, it's not that bad"

Then got to that part and was like "Ah... there it is"

Don't think I even bothered finishing it. Shite

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Agreed. one of those movies that I started watching and thought "Dunno why everyone hates on this film, it's not that bad"

Then got to that part and was like "Ah... there it is"

Don't think I even bothered finishing it. Shite

I enjoyed it more on the 2nd watch but its just not up to the standard of the first 2 films.

Lack of options meant we saw The Hunt tonight , far better than I expected  , yeah the premise is stupid but was amusing the different ways they managed to blow people into pieces and the car death nearly made me snort my pepsimax out my nose 

great silly fun and a fitting last film as showcase are closing down at midnight tonight , following Cineworld and Odeon who closed earlier today ... showcase opted for a 2 tickets ,  2 seat gap policy which seemed to work well but guess in the end they’ve decided to follow the other chains 

Going to be a fair few posts in here over the next week with a mixture of films to keep the other half happy.

Last night I watched The Mustang - enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would, highly recommend.

This afternoon was Wreck It Ralph 2 - drifted off midway through which pretty much summed the film up for me. Shame as I enjoyed the first one.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Just watched A Quiet Place which was surprisingly entertaining.  Shutter Island last night, which seemed a bit too convoluted for my liking.

Also watched this the other day, decent, looking forward to the sequel.

Watched Contagion last night, good film 7/10 but a bit far fetched.

• Haha 1

I've spent all my free time doing what I always do, rewatching movies I've already seen, rather than something new. Today's running order was: The Breakfast Club, What We Do in the Shadows, The Hateful Eight, Aliens.

The Hateful Eight I'd only seen once before, it was better on second viewing. I went in to it the first time expecting some kind of big twist or reveal and it felt a little flat for me, but this time I could really enjoy it for what it was.

• Like 1

The Platform Poster

Just watched Spanish movies El Hoyo (The Platform in English which is weird since hoyo is hole in Spanish)  

Anyway, take a bit of Snowpiercer and mix it with Fortress and Cube and you got a Spanish dystopian prison movie.

I quite liked it, solid 7.5/10

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

The Platform Poster

Just watched Spanish movies El Hoyo (The Platform in English which is weird since hoyo is hole in Spanish)  

Anyway, take a bit of Snowpiercer and mix it with Fortress and Cube and you got a Spanish dystopian prison movie.

Watching this tonight!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sne said:

The Platform Poster

Watched it yesterday, enjoyed it a lot.

True Story (James Franco and Jonah Hill) was very good indeed!

based on real events surrounding a disgraced journalist (Hill) interviewing a prisoner (Franco) awaiting trial for the murder of his wife and children. 

Â