The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

Meet Joe Black (1998)

I really like this film. Its not very well regarded but I love the calmness and serenity of it. Hopkins is his usual brilliant self, Forlani was stunning and Pitt was impossibly good lucking and played the role of a bemused grim reaper very well. 8/10. WB

Genuinely one of my favourite films.

I'm a sucker for stuff with Death as a character, and I've always appreciated how peaceful the film is. It's far too long but I kinda never cared.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Genuinely one of my favourite films.

I'm a sucker for stuff with Death as a character, and I've always appreciated how peaceful the film is. It's far too long but I kinda never cared.

This a wonderful scene. The language used by Death, the form he takes behind the frosted glass. The gentle ticking in the background. Great stuff! 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

Netflix are in Brixton filming a flick about the riots.

72368499_409043016472104_4543439606569238528_n.thumb.jpg.bbfe96ad84b79c5171fbe2877f43481a.jpg

Some of the scenes have been filmed in Camberwell because of gentrification.

Coldharbour Lane isn't as dodgy as it used to be.

• Like 1

Zoe Kravitz cast as a Catwoman in the upcoming Matt Reeves Batman film. Joins Robert Pattinson as Batman and Jeffrey Wright as Commissioner Gordon. Jonah Hill is supposedly still in talks over a villain role (which will surely be someone like the Penguin).

Lack of options meant Gemini Man last night , despite Will Smith not making a decent film since The Pursuit of Happyness

I'm kinda torn on this  , it played out like a cross between playing call of duty  and watching one of those 80's Australian min series like return to Eden in the way the acting seemed a bit wooden and the way shots were framed .

That said , and maybe it was down to the Showcase X-plus rather than the film  but I think it was the best 3D action i've ever seen on the big screen . A lot of 3D films just throw in  gratuitous  shots to justify the 3D upgrade , this was a proper 3D film almost  breathtaking in a way , right from the opening scene involving a train you could just sense this was 3D like you've not seen it before .

The plot was ok , film faded a bit with dialogue in the middle section but some action stuff was pretty good , the bike chase around Colombia  looked stunning with the vibrant colour and 3D , the de-aging process looked fairly  good until right at the end where either they ran out of money or the scene involved too much daylight for the effect to work

so , yeah I'm torn  ... on one hand a 5 /10 WNB ..but on the other hand maybe a 7/10  WB

if you decide to see it , opt for 3D on x plus and let me know what you think  ....

On 14/10/2019 at 23:26, Chindie said:

Zoe Kravitz cast as a Catwoman in the upcoming Matt Reeves Batman film. Joins Robert Pattinson as Batman and Jeffrey Wright as Commissioner Gordon. Jonah Hill is supposedly still in talks over a villain role (which will surely be someone like the Penguin).

Jonah Hill is out, but Paul Dano has been cast as the Riddler.

Which is a stonking bit of casting. He'd make an incredible Nygma.

• Like 1

22 July last night

Paul greengrass film about the terrorist attack in Norway. Didn't realise how little about it I knew until I watched the film

Falls just short imo both in the tense opening of the attack and the emotional scenes after, I think the 2 things they try to portray without flashing it with disco lights in your face (in the spoiler) worked but overall it was a bit average

Spoiler

The lawyer thinking he was a clearing in the woods 

Torje's relationship with his brother after the attack

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

22 July last night

Paul greengrass film about the terrorist attack in Norway. Didn't realise how little about it I knew until I watched the film

Falls just short imo both in the tense opening of the attack and the emotional scenes after, I think the 2 things they try to portray without flashing it with disco lights in your face (in the spoiler) worked but overall it was a bit average

Hide contents

Yeah, I think this one is better tbh

Utøya: July 22 Poster

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

22 July last night

Reveal hidden contents

I've never quite got round to watching this for some reason. It's in my area of interest and it's been on the watchlist since before it was released, but just never felt like the time was right to watch it.

You should read up on Breveik, he's a pitiful figure when you dig into him. Even his manifesto is plagiarised from the Unabomber manifesto.

Â