The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

hehe very good.

Watched Ex Machina last night, loved it, and maybe I'm a bit thick but the ending completely wrong-footed me, which in hindsight was probably the intention, lot's of fun to think about. And in answer to the poster question above regarding said film I'm simply going with 'no comment.' Damn you cyber-ethics.

also preceded that with a typically neurotic woody allen film - midnight in paris , which was less disturbing, in spite of it's ant-golden age thinking did make me wistfully want to get ragingly drunk in 20s paris, whilst making me cringe at the hatefulness of most of the modern characters. Also, films where it seems impossible to work out how the hell two youngish people ended up together in the first place always annoy me.  what a family of thunderblunts.

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Saw that the other day, not a clue who them pair are but I was sold when I saw the kitten in a bandana and gold chain

Key and Peele they have a long running and highly rated sketch show in America. I think they are brilliant. You should recognise Key. He has played a role in nearly every sitcom the USA has produced in the last 10 years.

He was particularly good in the "The gang goes on Family Feud" (Family Fortunes in the UK) episode of It's always sunny in Philadelphia.

ERWitkowskiEpisode: "Quo Vadis?"2004

I'm With HerOrderlyEpisode: "Poison Ivy"2004–2009, 2016

MADtvVarious107 episodes; also writer2005–2008

The Planet's Funniest AnimalsHost30 episodes2007

FrangelaDeShawnTV movie2008

Chocolate NewsWoodsyEpisode: "1.5"2008–2009

Reno 911!Theoretical Criminal8 episodes2010

Sons of TucsonEricEpisode: "Pilot"2009–2010

Gary UnmarriedCurtis17 episodes2010–2015

Childrens HospitalCop / Captain Tripper3 episodes2011A Series of Unfortunate PeopleTedEpisode: "Family Secret"2011

Love BitesDrew2 episodes2011

WilfredDick BarbianEpisode: "Identity"2011

The LeagueSteve/CarmenjelloEpisode: "Carmenjello"2012–2015

Key & PeeleHimself / VariousAlso co-creator, writer, executive producer2013–present

Whose Line is it Anyway?Himself / Fourth Seater7 Episodes2013

How I Met Your MotherCalvinEpisode:

"Something New"2013

ÜbermansionTitanium RexVoice
Episode: "Pilot"2013

Super Fun NightSladeEpisode: "Pilot"2014

The MiddleReverend DeveauxEpisode: "Hungry Games"2014–2015

Parks and RecreationJoe5 episodes2014

Bob's BurgersBeefer Sutherland / Todd / DarnellVoice
3 episodes2014–present

Playing HouseMark Rodriguez10 episodes2014

FargoBill Budge4 episodes2014

Robot ChickenJamal / JournalistVoice
Episode: "Stone Cold Steve Cold Stone"2014–2015

BoJack HorsemanSebastian St. ClairVoice
4 episodes2015

It's Always Sunny in PhiladelphiaGameshow HostEpisode: "The Gang Goes on Family Fight"2015

White House Correspondents' DinnerLutherTV special2015

Rick and MortyFourth Dimensional BeingVoice
Episode: "A Rickle in Time"2015

SuperMansionAmerican RangerVoice2015

W/ Bob and DavidTraffic CopEpisode: "Episode 3"2016

Modern FamilyTom DelaneyEpisode: "Playdates"2016

Angie TribecaHelmut FröntbütEpisode: "Ferret Royale"

Edited by Brumerican
Spelling

On 21/01/2016 at 13:20, Designer1 said:

The last half an hour makes the first half an hour look like an episode of Heartbeat.

I love the **** out that movie (and soundtrack) but it's only something I can watch now and again due to it's story.

I'll have to take your word for it buddy as I won't be rushing to put it on again any time soon ha.

• Like 1

Saw Hateful 8.  Thought it was dross.  I know you are not supposed to like the characters (which I didn't), but I didn't believe in any of them either.  Whilst I know that QT is a massive movie geek and has done some interesting technical things, I spent large parts of the movie bored.  When the shooting started it was cartoon like and I felt like much of the writing was childish.  There was little or no drama, no suspense (as I didn't give a crap who survived), very little humor, and I didn't think it was cool.

I liked Reservoir dogs, Pulp fiction and Jackie Brown, but this just didn't draw me in.

Willow Creek - 7/10.

On the rec of D1. 

Worth it just for the tent scene alone. Slow burner and you need to get past the first 20 minutes as it finds its groove. Personally I was disappointed with the payoff but **** me if I wasn't a bit nervous during that tent scene.

Tent scene spoiler:

Spoiler

I love the look of complete and utter resignation and acceptance on his face during that tent scene, he knows exactly what's happening as he is obsessed with it and must have done his research, compared with her utter terror. Brilliantly acted scene.

Ending/theoryspoiler:

Spoiler

I like the clues dripfed throughout, the missing poster (woman at the end), the mural showing bigfoot and woman together alongside the locals etc...). I'm assuming they keep the women and 'discard' the men while the locals keep the **** away. I like the reveal of the numbers but a glimpse would have been nice.

Great film though, might not be for some due to the payoff but worth a watch for those who love bigfoot/found footage stuff. 

Awful song as the credits roll though, really takes you out of the mood. Whoever chose that should be shot.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Willow Creek - 7/10.

On the rec of D1. 

Worth it just for the tent scene alone. Slow burner and you need to get past the first 20 minutes as it finds its groove. Personally I was disappointed with the payoff but **** me if I wasn't a bit nervous during that tent scene.

Tent scene spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

I love the look of complete and utter resignation and acceptance on his face during that tent scene, he knows exactly what's happening as he is obsessed with it and must have done his research, compared with her utter terror. Brilliantly acted scene.

Ending/theoryspoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

I like the clues dripfed throughout, the missing poster (woman at the end), the mural showing bigfoot and woman together alongside the locals etc...). I'm assuming they keep the women and 'discard' the men while the locals keep the **** away. I like the reveal of the numbers but a glimpse would have been nice.

Great film though, might not be for some due to the payoff but worth a watch for those who love bigfoot/found footage stuff. 

Awful song as the credits roll though, really takes you out of the mood. Whoever chose that should be shot.

Got a nice personal message from the director (Mr.Bobcat Goldthwait of Police Academy fame) about an online review I did of Willow Creek :)

• Like 1

Â