The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

23 minutes ago, BOF said:

The fact you even went to big Momma's House.  What in McGrath's name possessed you?  Y'see, I'm sure I'd have walked out of cinemas in the past if I went to stuff like that.

As it is, the closest I got was 'The Mexican' and I fell asleep at Schindler's List so that's technically 'leaving' in a manner of speaking :)

It's not something I would normally do, I promise. I was 14 at the time, I remember, and my friend and I went to go and see one of the 'Mission Impossible' films. Unfortunately it was a 15 certificate and we got ID'd at the box office, so that was our 'there's nothing else on for an hour' choice. It was so bad, and so boring, that people in the cinema just started chatting to strangers - it was a weird experience!

Ah yes, happened me once.  Went with a mate to see one of the Child's Play films back in the day, and he couldn't get in so we ended up going to something else that was so bad I can't even remember what it was. 

• Like 1

I remember watching "Boat trip" with mrs H and laughing my head off at it (we both did) .... I think I read a critic review the next day that gave it 0 out of 5 (probably a Guardian reader or something ) and it is widely accepted as being a terrible film  ...

James Bond playing a gay man , the Swedish tanning team .. it is an underrated classic :D 

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

I remember watching "Boat trip" with mrs H and laughing my head off at it (we both did) .... I think I read a critic review the next day that gave it 0 out of 5 (probably a Guardian reader or something ) and it is widely accepted as being a terrible film  ...

James Bond playing a gay man , the Swedish tanning team .. it is an underrated classic :D 

boat%20trip%2003_675_450.jpg

4 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Watched it when I was 7 .

It is THE reason I never watch horror films .Absolutely ruined my pysche. :(

Yeah I watched Final Destination (not a horror but yeah) when I was 8 and it screwed me up :(

32 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So I watched the Babadook last night....

What a load of shite that was :lol: Not even remotely scary...

I don't think the Horror genre is for you.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I don't think it is either. :(

I tried. I think I'd prefer a more "jumpy" type horror. I didn't really "get" the film to be honest. 

I'm not a huge fan of jump scare horror tbh. There's absolutely no craft to it at all.

Give me a movie that generates an overall unsettling mood anytime (The Shining / Don't Look Now etc etc)

• Like 1

Â