The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

👏 to  @AVFCDAN & @trekka for the pointer to Upgrade.  Watched it last night and thought it was great.  Had a slight Bladerunner feel to it I thought, very stylishly shot.

Funnily enough I had watched Venom the night before (and thought it was rubbish) so I see exactly what you mean in terms of the similarities!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm really looking forward to glass.

I stumbled upon Unbreakable the other night while flicking through the channels.  Hadn't seen it in years and it had only just started, so I re-watched it.  Man I forgot how bloody good that film is.  Really got me in the mood for Glass :thumb:

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, BOF said:

I stumbled upon Unbreakable the other night while flicking through the channels.  Hadn't seen it in years and it had only just started, so I re-watched it.  Man I forgot how bloody good that film is.  Really got me in the mood for Glass :thumb:

I definitely need to rewatch this befir e I watch glass. Was a top film from what I remember

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I definitely need to rewatch this befir e I watch glass. Was a top film from what I remember

I'd imagine you need to watch "split" as well before seeing Glass ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I'd imagine you need to watch "split" as well before seeing Glass ?

You need to have seen it, but with it being more recent it wouldn't need a 're-watch'.

• Like 1

On 14/01/2019 at 06:43, Shropshire Lad said:

I sometimes feel like I’m the only person that feels completely indifferent to The Wolf on Wall Street.

I’m sure I thought it had some good bits, good performances. But I can only remember a couple of things about it. My abiding memory of it is that it’s way too long and I just didn’t care by the end of it. But it’s provided it’s fair share of memes and gifs to give it it’s due.

Edit - apparently it’s The Wolf OF Wall Street not “on”.

I really didn't like it. Just glorified clearings in the woods. There's enough clearings in the woods in the real world without watching a film about them

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Love that film.

45 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Can't wait! And there better not be any bloody women in it! ;)

It just goes to show how pointless the female re-boot was. Just wasn't needed.

They'll be remaking Back to the Future next with Lady Gaga and Joan Rivers next! 

Just saw Stan and Ollie this evening. A thoroughly lovely film. John C Reilly is unrecognizable. He completely melts into Oliver Hardy. Coogan is great too as Stan but honestly, Reilly is really good. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rodders said:

Just saw Stan and Ollie this evening. A thoroughly lovely film. John C Reilly is unrecognizable. He completely melts into Oliver Hardy. Coogan is great too as Stan but honestly, Reilly is really good. 

He is an amazing actor in that he can do some great performances and then he can also star in some absolute dogshit like Holmes and Watson

Â