The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Skyscraper.

What a predictable flaming tower of manure .

Thank god Dwayne's whole family is made out of 97% asbestos and tailor made the this exact situation in every way.

4/10 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 04/09/2018 at 13:39, hogso said:

No it's shit

Watch a well done 3D film on a 4k Oled then tell me it’s shit. 

Until then STFU ?

• Haha 1

On 04/09/2018 at 11:25, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I really really enjoy watching things in 3D.

It adds 20%-30% to every film and even films that are just OK,  I enjoy the 3D and 5.1.  Sit in fronmt of th etv in a dark room then its brilliant.

I watched Frozen in 3D with my Grandaughter and shhe was trying to grab things as it went along.  Brilliant stuff.

(The upside of the glasses is that you kind of focus 100% on the film and as its dark it like the cinema.)

Anyone else like 3D ?

Nope, not for me.

It's a bit of a novelty on some films. The animated ones tend to look a lot better in 3D than live action.

But generally I find it usually gives you a worse picture, and after a while you forget it's 3D anyway so doesn't really add anything.

It's no surprise to me that it hasn't really taken off as much as people may have thought.

• Thanks 1

On 03/09/2018 at 07:30, Rds1983 said:

Paddington 2 - very enjoyable for a kids film.

On 03/09/2018 at 08:44, Stevo985 said:

Watched the first one yesterday and really enjoyed it. And I don't have kids so I had no excuse other than it looked like fun. Great film. Will watch the 2nd one soon.

Watched it yesterday.

It's **** brilliant. Again I'm not ashamed to say I have no kids but I still watched this. It was great.

On 09/09/2018 at 16:30, sne said:

Skyscraper.

What a predictable flaming tower of manure .

Thank god Dwayne's whole family is made out of 97% asbestos and tailor made the this exact situation in every way.

4/10 

My god it was poor as poor can be.

All the enteraining and best bits from Towering Inferno an Die hard are good which is a shame that they were immediatley thrown out the window and replaced by duct tape and a re-write of the basic rules of Gerneral Relativity and thermodynamics. words removed.

(Never mind the turbines spinning at the top of the building, we all know that every mile high building needs as many moving and heavy parts at the TOP)

It's a shame cloud backups dont work there either,  if they did they would all be laughing abd could have saved a lot of tears all round.

A good 4/10 from me as well.  I would give it 5 if I could have the time back.  

Shocker.

Edit Forgot about the lift part,  was it 5 or 6 seconds as the differnece it seems is very important. B)

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Watched it yesterday.

It's **** brilliant. Again I'm not ashamed to say I have no kids but I still watched this. It was great.

Whilst I have a kid he's only just turned one; watched the Paddington films without him and loved them. The first one's probably better than the second but both are definitely worth watching and have fantastic casts.

48 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Whilst I have a kid he's only just turned one; watched the Paddington films without him and loved them. The first one's probably better than the second but both are definitely worth watching and have fantastic casts.

Wrong way round, IMO - Hugh Grant is fantastic as the villain in the second movie, really made it for me. 

Both fantastic though. 

10 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I think the second is probably better.

But I probably enjoyed the first one more because I had no idea it was going to be so good. That surprise factor had me grinning the whole way through.

The second one is actually really **** sad. I was fighting the tears at several points.

No Batfleck and now no Cavill as Superman. 

When ya look up in the sky ... it might be a bird, might be a plane, but it damn sure won't be Henry Cavill -- he's leaving the role of Superman.

Henry was in negotiations with Warner Bros. to put on the blue tights and red cape for a cameo in its upcoming "Shazam!" movie, but talks broke down and both sides walked away ... according to The Hollywood Reporter.

HC bolting leaves a couple of HUGE holes in the DC cinematic universe, since Ben Affleckalready ditched the Batman suit.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/12/henry-cavill-superman-dc-warner-bros-justice-league/

Guessing his Geralt of Rivia gig is taking prio?

DC better hope their new streaming site will be a smash. R-rated Swamp Thing does sound kinda fun

how do you start up a long running franchise without actually signing up the stars to long running contracts?

although the way i read that is that they wanted him to have a cameo in shazzam and he's said no, doesnt say he has quit as superman, apparently he has 1 film left on his deal

• Like 1

On 11/09/2018 at 08:28, Stevo985 said:

I think the second is probably better.

But I probably enjoyed the first one more because I had no idea it was going to be so good. That surprise factor had me grinning the whole way through.

The second one is actually really **** sad. I was fighting the tears at several points.

@HanoiVillan is right that Hugh Grant is the better villain and the second is possibly a better film overall, I felt the first had more really funny moments that came from nowhere.

I might rate the first higher than it is as like you I really wasn't expecting much from it whereas the second I went in expecting it to be fantastic.

• Like 1

Watched a Chinese film on the way back from Beijing yesterday

4 Chinese girls go to Vietnam for a Hen do ..get drunk , wake up and can't remember a thing , one of them is missing and the 3 have to work out what happened  , part of which involves them bumping into Mike Tyson who lives on a beach in Vietnam with a pet tiger

it wasn't terrible ..but it wasn't all that great either and i kept having this nagging feeling that I'd seen a very similar film once before  ......

Also Watched Peter Rabbit , which was great , doens't knock Paddington 2 off top spot for best kids film ever but it doers a decent job

and watched Chappaquiddick , which  was a really interesting film and although it contains quite a lot of speculative opinion on the events  it's well acted and holds your attention on something that on paper could have been a  dull and short film

alas , I discovered a Monkey Magic film too late into the flight to watch it ..gutted

Â