The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

On the subject of kids films, I gave the Lego movie a watch.

I must be getting old, cos I really don’t get the hype. I found the pace of it too quick, too much was going on to take in during the action sequences, the jokes were kinda scattergun and didn’t really land.

Basically it would have been considerably better if it was just a bit slower.

Just now, Shropshire Lad said:

On the subject of kids films, I gave the Lego movie a watch.

I must be getting old, cos I really don’t get the hype. I found the pace of it too quick, too much was going on to take in during the action sequences, the jokes were kinda scattergun and didn’t really land.

Basically it would have been considerably better if it was just a bit slower.

I thought it was **** brilliant :D 

On 29/08/2018 at 11:45, TheMelvillan said:

Hereditary was fantastic. Best horror ive seen in years and proper scary. The acting, especially from Toni Collete, was class

Watched this over the weekend. Was an excellent film. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I thought it was **** brilliant :D 

?

Fair enough, what did you find brilliant about it? Did you find it funny?

I thought a few of the voice actors did a good job, Will Ferrell was reasonably good fun as the villain. I just found it literally a hard film to watch, wasn’t easy on my eyes.

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

?

Fair enough, what did you find brilliant about it? Did you find it funny?

I thought a few of the voice actors did a good job, Will Ferrell was reasonably good fun as the villain. I just found it literally a hard film to watch, wasn’t easy on my eyes.

Yeah I thought it was hilarious.

I watched it on a plane and struggled the whole way through to stifle my laughs.

On 03/09/2018 at 09:58, Rodders said:

It might be provoking the senor chang gif, but I saw Mamma Mia 2 at the weekend and really enjoyed it :D

5e0.gif

Oh and The Lego Movie was awesome. Obviously. Lego Batman also fun, though not quite as good

The like is for the Ron Swanson Meme.

As for Mama Mia 2, Not quite a Chang but....

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

I really really enjoy watching things in 3D.

It adds 20%-30% to every film and even films that are just OK,  I enjoy the 3D and 5.1.  Sit in fronmt of th etv in a dark room then its brilliant.

I watched Frozen in 3D with my Grandaughter and shhe was trying to grab things as it went along.  Brilliant stuff.

(The upside of the glasses is that you kind of focus 100% on the film and as its dark it like the cinema.)

Anyone else like 3D ?

Yep pretty much the same here, I bought mine just over 5 years ago and I think I tried to watch a bit of tennis which was on at the time in 3D to test it out. Nothing at all since, I often completely forget it’s a 3D telly.

The only film I’ve watched in 3D at the cinema was the amazing Spider-Man, personally I found that it didn’t add anything.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, hogso said:

No it's shit

TLDR

I am not confident you are doing it right Mr H.  To start with, put the quality street wrapers away,  you have tried this before, remember ? They are not good for this and stop looking at the TV via the TV's reflection in that mirror that's by your special chair by your special things.

I am joking of course,? forgive me I am super **** fed up.

the reviews i read said that the set up is ridiculously daft but it actually kind of works and it gets to a point where it could go off in a couple of interesting directions but instead just go off in to half an hour of constant fast paced action and violence resulting in a bit of a mess, also saw one reviewer suggest that they were disappointed that the horror element of the original was now firmly replaced by pure action (which is the same as alien and i kind of think inevitable with so many films)

the thing is im kind of thinking that your average audience might actually quite like that, dumb action violence lots of swearing and one liners, it will certainly have an audience out there so its then how they pitch it in marketing, 1st 2 trailers didnt work for me, 3rd one did, yet to see a TV spot, i think it will do well in america

Edited by villa4europe

On 03/09/2018 at 09:59, PieFacE said:

Watched this over the weekend. Was an excellent film. 

I watched Hereditary last weekend, it was a bit slow but not to bad but then the last 20 minutes.......totally WTF in not a good way

Â