The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

After I finished GoldenEye last night I saw they had Die Another Day on ITV4, now that is an absolute scissors abortion of a film.  It's almost as low as Batman got in that film with Arnie as the big blue frozen fella.  I quite like Daniel Craig but he's been better than the films he's been in.  Idris Elba would make a great Bond, he looks cool and looks like he could kick the shit out of you.

Hereditary 

Managed to create a rather eery atmosphere and a creeping feeling of something wrong.

Solid acting 

Not a bad horror movie at all

7/10

Spoiler

As so often in horror movies thou the ending was a bit of a let down IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Hereditary 

Managed to create a rather eery atmosphere and a creeping feeling of something wrong.

Solid acting 

Not a bad horror movie at all

7/10

Hide contents

As so often in horror movies thou the ending was a bit of a let down IMO

I liked the post but disagree massively with what you spoilered. It was perfect imo.

One of the best horrors of the last decade for me. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Watched Seven again last night, **** love that film 

Amazing film!

First '18' film I saw at the cinema. I think I was 16 (looking about 12) with a very shit fake ID!

I don't see Hardy as Bond. He's a great actor, but I don't think he's right for it. I don't think he fits Bond's suave upper class thug style. Hardy tends to do better with more working class, brawler brute roles when he's got his action hat on. I'm not the biggest fan of Craig but he can do that dual role of posh educated guy who murders for a living (even if he plays the posh bit as someone who resents it). I also can't see Hardy being too keen to sign up for an ongoing series, especially one that dominates like Bond does. Up to now his appearances in franchise films are one and done affairs (which Venom will likely be too).

Elba is too old now. I also just don't see them making the jump yet. Eventually it will, but not yet. A younger Elba might have been a decent shout if the producers had the balls for it.

Hiddleston would be a good bet. He can get into a new franchise, if he wants, he can do the upper class and suave thing in his sleep and he can handle action. He'd fit very well if they fancied paring it back and doing a kind of back to basics, essence of Bond style reboot. On the downside, he might be a bit too lanky, as whilst he's tall he's not got much bulk (unlike say Connery, who was tall and **** built), and he's possibly too associated with Loki.

Cavill would be a good call. He's not a great actor but he has the Bond boxes ticked. And he was in the running when Craig got the nod. Unfortunately, he's also Superman. They aren't having Bond be someone involved in another franchise.

Luke Evans is an outside shout as well. Decent actor, ticks the boxes, no franchise hanging over him, still a fairly new face to Hollywood (no career baggage).

Hardy would have been a good older eggsy in the kingsman, agree bond isnt really his thing

Hiddleston would need to bulk up imo got the chops but not the physique

Seen riz ahmed suggested which would be interesting but hes too small

Agree about elba being too old

On 22/08/2018 at 11:57, 8pints said:

Bourne is better than Bond. More realistic.

The first 3 Bourne films are almost the perfect trilogy. Wonderful movies. 

• Like 1

Â