The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Went to see "The Festival" yesterday. Not a classic but good fun. Very funny in places.

Directed by Iain Morris who made The Inbetweeners so all the comedy is in the same sort of ball park. Some of the same actors are used as well. The main character is played by the guy who played Simon in The Inbetweeners. And he's effectively the same character. In fact his girlfriend at the start is played by the same girl who played one of his girlfriends in The Inbetweeners too, so it's practically a spinoff!

Well worth a watch with a couple of mates. 

Also, being a weirdo who has never actually been to a music festival, some bits were probably lost on me.

Film: He Never Died.  Henry Rollins in a roll that is suited to him.  A very talented individual that has done everything.  I am not even going to say what it is about.  Maybe horror, a bit of violence and blood, no sex or drugs.  An interesting take of a very well used theme.  8/10 wba.  Having said that drugs and alcohol at this end could be affecting perceptions.  I also kind of fond of the lead actress kind of hot. ps no nudity.

Edited by Withnail
who can spell these days

Upgrade is very very good, impressed.

I imagine it will be everything Venom isn't and there is a sweet irony that Logan Marshall Green also looks like Tom Hardy's brother.

To do that film on a 5-7 million budget is almost unbelievable - it looks great and sounds great.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 1

I said I'd go against my better judgement, because I had been hearing good things about it on that there twittery thing and I do like an Indy film.  So I swallowed my pride and watched the coming of age Netflix film 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before'.  Don't bother lads.  In hindsight the reviews were heavily gender specific.  While there are some good individual performances, it is at its core just utter arse water.

18 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Watched Goldeneye, still my favourite Bond film and Bond girl.  Shame Brosnan's films got shitter and shitter.

It's quite possibly the finest Bond film ever.

Xenia Onatopp. I'd weep into her knicker drawer.

• Like 1

talking of bond, danny boyle has jacked over creative differences, didnt take long

going out on a limb - ryan coogler with michael b jordan as the villain, it wont quite be a live and let die blaxploitation film but it will be a roaring success and reopen the idris elba question (like that needs any excuse...)

what they'll actually do is either go back to mendes or throw a fast and furious director at it

its an important film IMO daniel craig has been great but his films are hit and miss, spectre was garbage, another by the numbers same angry man tone film and i think the reboot will be green lit, it they write something which goes full continuity with the old films then they've rebuffed the code name theories and closed the door on elba, it needs to either close DC's run off or take it somewhere else interesting

Edited by villa4europe

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

and i think the reboot will be green lit, it they write something which goes full continuity with the old films then they've rebuffed the code name theories and closed the door on elba, it needs to either close DC's run off or take it somewhere else interesting

it can only really work if 007 dies in the next movie and then a new 007 is introduced and we were to find out that James Bond was a fictitious name adopted by the current  incumbent  ,  like M and Q

problem is the last few Bond movies have focussed too much on back story so that won't really work  , which only really leaves them same old same old or they reboot under 007 and drop the Bond name from it

• Like 1

Â