The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Just now, villaglint said:

I'm happy to take it back. It's more than possible that I'm getting it mixed up for the 2nd one. Anyway its a day of joy so no matter how small if I've upset you in any way I heartily retract it!

The joy will no doubt turn into horrifying pain and misery of course but I've learnt enough over the years supporting Villa to drink in the joy when you've got it.

MIB2 is definitely the ginger step-child of the family.

On 19/07/2018 at 13:23, Xela said:

Watched Geostorm last night

Someone please help me, I keep making bad choices. 

criminal charges should have been filed against the makers of that. shocking

was actual decent actors in it plus Gerard Butler and the useless clown that played his brother

I watched the first anime Godzilla movie today. As you can probably imagine, the plot of the above appears to be a masterpiece in comparison. 

Pluses - Aquaman is a really goofy character and this has tried to get around that. They appear to have decided the best way to get around the problem of having characters talk underwater by ignoring it  Bonus points for having the bollocks to put an comic accurate Black Manta on sheen.

Minuses - the CGI looks dreadful. The design is bad. It still is fairly goofy. The action looks rough. It has the whiff of shit around it...

6 hours ago, Chindie said:

Mothra! Rodan! KING GHIDORAH!

The plot looks bobbins but **** it.

I have heard this very slow version of Clair de Lune at least twice on different tv shows in the past week.

I know that some movie trailers use 'stock' soundtracks and even some movies borrow soundtracks but it's interesting that I've never heard this version before and suddenly 3 different productions are using it at the same time.

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

Mothra! Rodan! KING GHIDORAH!

The plot looks bobbins but **** it.

Wow that looks shit.

I watched Tully yesterday. Excellent film. 8/10.

Edited by PieFacE

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Watched a film called annilhation. One of the wors5 films I’ve seen in years

The Netflix one with Natalie Portman and Oscar Isaac? I thought it was a quite decent bit of Sci-Fi. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

The Netflix one with Natalie Portman and Oscar Isaac? I thought it was a quite decent bit of Sci-Fi. 

Yeah that’s the one, didn’t like it at all. tOO much flashing back from past present day future. Then the ending was woeful. Wasn’t for me i am afraid.

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Chindie said:

No.

Shazam is a **** bollocks character and this just looks dumb in a bad way.

Also it's painfully obvious he's wearing a muscle suit.

That looks woeful really **** terrible. What the he’ll are they thinking with this crap?

16 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The Greatest Showman. Pile of shite. 

How dare you!

Ready Player One - enjoyable but not a patch on the book (however some of the changes, such as the road race were very well executed)

Wind River - another great film from Taylor Sheridan who wrote/directed Sicario and Hell Or High Water. 

Â