The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

"Christine" on Netflix, about the TV journalist who killed herself on the air. Brilliant, in particular the actress, who looks familiar, but not so much her name- Rebecca Hall. A star turn, methinks.

Edited by maqroll

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

"Christine" on Netflix, about the TV journalist who killed herself on the air. Brilliant, in particular the actress, who looks familiar, but not so much her name- Rebecca Hall. A star turn, methinks.

Yes a very good film. Very authentic looking, and performed well by Rebecca Hall who I have long been a fan of.  also watched a documentary about Christine Chubbuck. She was very depressed and felt alone and was still a  virgin at 30. 

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

Saw that last month on a plane.

I really liked it. Very eerie and uncomfortable, and achieved what a lot of "true stories" have to battle with, which is maintaining tension in a story everybody knows the ending to.

It's not a bad commentary on modern day "news" either.

On 23/05/2017 at 13:27, mykeyb said:

Fist Fight, probably one of the worst films I have seen in the last 12 months.....not one laugh before I turned it off after 40 minutes.

I wanted to like it "cuz Charlie" but it wasn't the best . 

I will say however that the fight scenes are a million times more realistic than  Iron Fist. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brumerican said:

I wanted to like it "cuz Charlie" but it wasn't the best . 

I will say however that the fight scenes are a million times more realistic than  Iron Fist. 

I never made it that far........they even pinched the Sharpie joke of Bosses2

Massive Luc Besson fan here. Just posting a YouTube trailer link to Valerian. 

Won't look for any reviews, will just go see. Looking forward to it.

Sceptical about Cara Delawhatever but she knows more about acting than I do, I'm sure of that. Plus totally confess I kinda "have the hots for her", there I said i don't care!

Besson and all what comes with his writing and direction, surely a magnificent spectacle. Failing that I'll just sorta perv on the leading lady in 3d. Mesmerising. Should have listed her for Xela Desert Island thread, damn I just fell in love :

2492dcaefbdc63698843d922b4b2ec89.jpg

• Like 1

Watched Love is All you Need on the iplayer tonight. Really good romantic drama film, and whilst will instantly echo thoughts of Mamma Mia - not least because of Pierce Brosnan, it is a much more 'realistic' piece, humbler and understated,really very charming in deed. 

Iplayer seems to have crackers on at the moment, Cavalry is on there for a couple more days and I'd recommend anyone who hasn't seen that before give it a go. I'm going to finish my double bill with Margin Call I think 

Just rewatched Interstellar.

I'd only seen it once before, on a plane. Even though I liked it, it was terrible quality. I've had the Blu Ray on my shelf for about a year.

Anyway, I don't think I fully appreciated how good it is first time round. It's brilliant.

• Like 1

On 24/05/2017 at 20:22, Midfielder said:

Massive Luc Besson fan here. Just posting a YouTube trailer link to Valerian. 

Won't look for any reviews, will just go see. Looking forward to it.

Sceptical about Cara Delawhatever but she knows more about acting than I do, I'm sure of that. Plus totally confess I kinda "have the hots for her", there I said i don't care!

Besson and all what comes with his writing and direction, surely a magnificent spectacle. Failing that I'll just sorta perv on the leading lady in 3d. Mesmerising. Should have listed her for Xela Desert Island thread, damn I just fell in love :

2492dcaefbdc63698843d922b4b2ec89.jpg

Come on man, getting her name wrong is typical sexist, laddish behaviour. She's more than just an object for you to gawp at. 

its Cara Deldamnfine

• Like 1

even though his films arent great The Rock makes his movies entertaining enough. A bit like Arnie and Statham he gets it and is in on the joke. 

saying that I dont think even he can make Baywatch watchable

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Manchester by the Sea. I'm watching cartoons for the rest of the week to cheer me up.

Its great though innit? Affleck deserved the Oscar for my money.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 2

Ooooh! I smell a cross over movie!!

'The Incredible Hulk' Lou Ferrigno and 'Flash Gordon' Sam Jones clash at London Comic Con

You wouldn't like them when they're angry.

Superhero actors Sam Jones and Lou Ferrigno got into a squabble at Comic Con in London this past weekend, prompting a fan to intervene, The Sun reported.

One attendee told the British newspaper that he stepped in between "Flash Gordon" film star Jones and Ferrigno, who played "The Incredible Hulk" on TV, after they got into an argument while posing for pictures and signing autographs at the London convention.

"There was a large crowd around, so I told them to act like adults and grow up as they were supposed to be there for their fans," Darryn Clements told The Sun. "I don't know if I was the real superhero, because if there was a clash of the Titans, I would have got squashed."

It's unclear what exactly prompted the alleged dispute, but Clements said Jones told Ferrigno to go home at one point during the exchange, the report stated.

"Lou was just saying, 'You're winding me up'. There was a lot of finger-jabbing and it was getting pretty nasty," Hawkins said.

Clements, 25, said he eventually managed to calm things down between Jones and Ferrigno.

Jones, however, told The Sun that he and Ferrigno were actually trying to settle down a brewing altercation between two fans.

"It was between two other guys who wanted to fight each other," Jones, 62, told The Sun. "He and I together defused it."

Photos shared to social media showed Ferrigno, 65, and Jones speaking together during the event.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/superhero-stars-lou-ferrigno-sam-jones-clash-real-life-article-1.3204764

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

On 2017-5-29 at 19:15, Zatman said:

even though his films arent great The Rock makes his movies entertaining enough. A bit like Arnie and Statham he gets it and is in on the joke. 

saying that I dont think even he can make Baywatch watchable

Alexandra Daddario will make Baywatch watchable.

alexandra-daddario-baywatch-comedy-movie-promos-2017-1_thumbnail.jpg

• Like 4

binge watched the OJ Made in America documentary over the weekend - quite excellent really, and so exhaustive across race relations, cult of celebrity etc, and OJ himself just being a humongous sociopath. 

Before watching it, I admit all I really knew, was that OJ was a guy from Naked Gun had beat a case for Murder and was lucky, but beyond that knew nothing ( literally didn't know anything about the football career )  so it was amazing to see how that trial played out. The guy asking him to put the glove on  :nono: 

Fascinating to hear all the involved prejudices of those involved.

• Like 2

OJ - 

Spoiler

i found the swing in how he portrayed and used his own race before and after the trial absolutely fascinating, as good as the cuba gooding jr tv show was and various other bits of documentaries and programmes ive watched ive never seen that before

• Like 1

absolutely, for me it was because of his entire ego. After the trial that community was the only place he was able to sustain the attention and praise on him that he'd had before.

Â